• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Definitely going to get a prism sight soon, just not sure what I want yet. The Primary Arms SLX CYCLOPS is what I'm thinking about. It's going to be used on a CQB style build so I don't want more than 3x magnification. I also want it to be as light as possible. Not to mention under $300ish. I don't have ACOG $$.

I was wondering what yall are running & what features you like best or if you were to get another prism sight, which one would you get?
    Hurley's Gold

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Definitely going to get a prism sight soon, just not sure what I want yet. The Primary Arms SLX CYCLOPS is what I'm thinking about. It's going to be used on a CQB style build so I don't want more than 3x magnification. I also want it to be as light as possible. Not to mention under $300ish. I don't have ACOG American Money.

I was wondering what yall are running & what features you like best or if you were to get another prism sight, which one would you get?
    Fixed it for you. Hell with the temperatures where they are at I might not get my ACOG sighted in until your place. My bubby Leon was over today & the ACOG went over his head. Should have waited until the deer showerd up.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    They seem interesting. I wish they would make one with a bdc for .22lr. At that proce and weight it would go nice on a 10/22 or 15/22.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    They seem interesting. I wish they would make one with a bdc for .22lr. At that proce and weight it would go nice on a 10/22 or 15/22.

You could use one on a .22, just the BDC would not be too accurate. But I'm sure you could figure it out after a range trip or two.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Acogs.

I have a PA 2X, but i don't like the reticle, too small in some places, too big in others

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Definitely going to get a prism sight soon, just not sure what I want yet. The Primary Arms SLX CYCLOPS is what I'm thinking about. It's going to be used on a CQB style build so I don't want more than 3x magnification. I also want it to be as light as possible. Not to mention under $300ish. I don't have ACOG $$.

But to actually answer

I like ACOG's because the reticles are all very well thought out, and evenly lit.

One thing about the PA 2x i have is that the illumination comes from the left, and so the right side is noticeably darker. I never shoot it with illumination on

The chevron is a joke, way too small. It kinda looks like just a mishaped dot, but my eye keeps trying to focus on it. Newer versions are better, but I'd much rather have just a big chevron, and not the massive ring.

BDC has no markings. Neither Does my TA44, but the TA44's "bdc" is meant for holdover at close range. With how cluttered the ACSS reticle is, I'm surprised they didn't add them. Instead you get lines with no vertical post to help with windage.

TA44
    TA44-C-400141_RedCircleDot.jpg

TA11
    TRTA11-E_5.jpg

Pa 2x

pa-glx-2xp-acss-5.56_08.jpg

The way PA thought out the reticle works well enough for range finding on stationary silhouettes, but not that great for making hits

I had mine on an AK, and i always shot better with irons.

The glass was clear enough, adjustments were good, and you get a decent amount of adjustment

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

PA has fixed or LVPO option with BDC, but not prism. It’s usually backordered.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have the PA SLx 3x32 Gen III Prism Scope on my M+M M10x. Of course, it has a 7.62x39 reticle, but I think it's the same price in 5.56. I love it!

I was saving up for an ACOG, but then things came up that needed money, and decided to take a chance on something over $1,000 less. Not sad I did for sure.

Really like the ACSS-CQB reticle! Rarely use the lighted reticle though.

Edit: forgot the picture 0424200908.jpg e:

Last edited:

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    PA has fixed or LVPO option with BDC, but not prism. It’s usually backordered.

I already have a Strike Eagle LPVO, I was wanting something smaller & lighter besides a red dot for this build. Red dots star burst with my eyes & I want something that doesn't block the target to 100 yards.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I already have a Strike Eagle LPVO, I was wanting something smaller & lighter besides a red dot for this build. Red dots star burst with my eyes & I want something that doesn't block the target to 100 yards.
    Buy an ACOG from EuroOptic, and you'll have it in 2-3 days

maxresdefault.jpg

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I run a lot of the PA prism scopes. I've learned to like the reticle and having 6 of them,
    keeps things the same from rifle to rifle. The reticle seems small but my eyes adjust and it works for me. I haven't stretched anything out past 200 yards so can't vouch for the bullet drop compensater. Don't have a cyclops, but if you want to try their 2x, 3x, or 5x options, I'll bring it to meet in Sept.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I run a lot of the PA prism scopes. I've learned to like the reticle and having 6 of them,
    keeps things the same from rifle to rifle. The reticle seems small but my eyes adjust and it works for me. I haven't stretched anything out past 200 yards so can't vouch for the bullet drop compensater. Don't have a cyclops, but if you want to try their 2x, 3x, or 5x options, I'll bring it to meet in Sept.

Thank ya sir, bring em & I'll feed em

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Yeah, I was just derailing the thread. I’ll bring my budget build w/ a PA ACSS 5x prism on it next month in return. It’s a few years older than the current gen stuff, but it’ll give you an idea.

Top Bottom