• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I just installed a new black ink cartridge in the printer, but the color cartridge is almost empty. Why is that? I rarely, rarely, print anything in color, mostly just black type and the occasional crossword puzzle. Wondering why it is using up the color ink.
    Hurley's Gold

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Sometimes you can find a printer on sale for less than the ink. Although printers come with cartridges that don't hold that much ink. I'm attracted to the printer with bottles of ink to refill with tanks.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Most people I know. $100 for a printer and under $50 for third-party xl black and separate colors for a device that's wireless and copies too.
    And $100 for the ink cartridges that run dry a month later.

You can get a good color laser printer/copier/scanner for about $300.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Sometimes you can find a printer on sale for less than the ink. Although printers come with cartridges that don't hold that much ink. I'm attracted to the printer with bottles of ink to refill with tanks.
    For years I had a laser printer for just B&W prints, and an inkjet for color prints. about 18 months ago, bought a Epson Eco tank and i've only had to refill it once in that time. Got the refill kit for $20 at Amazon.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    All color printers use yellow ink on every page, no matter what the print selection is. It was mandated by the government. A random yellow dot unique to the printer is printed on every page.

It is the same reason that the printers force you to register your printer before use. It has been that way for decades. It is a way for agencies to track the origin of printed pages.

Before color printers, there were subtle spacing changes in printouts that accomplished the same tracking markers.

Spooky stuff…

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I might print 50-100 pages per year. I just replaced the black ink cartridge on the $25 Canon printer I bought on Black Friday at Walmart 3 years ago.

Then again, I am known as the OCMF - The Original Cheap Mo-Fo.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom