• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Howdy

Almost got into 3d printing at one time ...
    To make prototypes of my custom designed furniture.
    It was just too much of a $lippery $lope for someone contemplating finally retiring.

dial1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2019
    cypress
    3d printing is super cheap at this point, an ender 3 is like $200 and people have printed full body stormtrooper costumes with them.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Just do it. Grab an Ender 3, it really is about the best bang for the buck going. If you get stuck on anything, there's a wealth of knowledge available - here included. It's a lot of fun, and you'll find uses for it you would never think of up front. If you have any drafting, cad, etc. skills you'll find yourself quickly looking at things and translating them into plastic. If not, you can find a whole lot of things on Thingiverse and many other spots on the web for ready-to-print stuff.

I've printed toys, replacement parts for all kinds of things, door hinge shims, housings for digital time clocks I built for work, housings for various other electronics projects, missing game pieces for board games, a 4 foot long programmable LED clock/timer project for the kiddo, a control panel for my laser engraver/cutter, brackets for various things, a neat threaded cylindrical "box" for my daughter to put her earrings in when she's doing sports and stuff, and a whole lot of other stuff I've forgotten about by now.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    PLA+ is more fragile, ABS is (MUCH) more elastic. Adding carbon aramid fiber to ABS should give it a ton of strength, making it more suitable for high impact stresses than PLA+. Should be better for structural components long-term. That's the selling point anyway ;)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom