• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Well the great primer quest of 1/13/21 is a bust. No primers came in at Academy, Cabells, or Bass Pro Shop. I got my 500 X-Treme bullets .357 125 gr. flat nosed bullets but no primers to load them with. :banghead:

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    A caveat to all that try this primer reload.
    The matchstick mixture is corrosive so clean accordingly after shooting.

ETA
    After reading the rest of this thread it appears I am sitting on $3150 in SP primers.
    I'm thinking keep 2k and sell the other 7k to buy a 1 oz gold bullion before that skyrockets this year.

Last edited:

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    Nope not at a decent price that is! Most people that are selling them for ridiculous prices and from some of the pics it looks like old stock taboot

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I don't reload, my cousin does. He called me yesterday - he scored a 5000 primer case from Midway for small pistol primers. This is the 2nd such case he's been able to nab in about a week from them. He was trying to get small rifle, but they were out of stock when he clicked "check out" - but the small pistol primers were available so he grabbed those. The local market where he's at is such that he can sell 1000 out of the 5k and pay for the whole case, so his plan is to do that and keep the rest to reload. He's done that twice, IIRC, so he'll have quite a good cache of primers to load or trade for what he needs.

He told me there is a Discord server for reloaders that alerts members to when items come in stock at various places, and where members sell or trade components. That's how he got the alert on both deals, IIRC. Lots of people hitting him up to sell / ship primers to him, not realizing that you can't just ship primers off like you can complete ammo (which seems pretty damn weird to me, but whatever) - since its "Hazmat"

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    He told me there is a Discord server for reloaders that alerts members

No there isn't. We got shutdown. I promise. ;)

Actually he's right, that's how I've been able to snag primers recently. It's still not easy though. Even there a lot of users are having a hard time getting anything.

Brassguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 15, 2017
    Wichita Falls
    Went to the gun show in Wichita Falls today. People are definitely price gouging. A couple people had reloading components. Some of the highlights I saw:

No 1000 count boxes of primers selling for less than $150. I saw one box of shotshell primers for $150 and that was the lowest. Rile and pistol were going for more.

50ct boxes of 22 rimfire for $35 each

One guy selling boxes of 12 gauge shells for $25 a box.

One guy had some .308 Win boxes that he had marked from the last show at $15 each, he was now selling for $60 ea.

Multiple people selling their handloads (mostly handgun and .223) for $1 a round.

I dont see me going back to a gun show any time soon.

alwho421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Bartlett
    Went to the gun show in Wichita Falls today. People are definitely price gouging. A couple people had reloading components. Some of the highlights I saw:

No 1000 count boxes of primers selling for less than $150. I saw one box of shotshell primers for $150 and that was the lowest. Rile and pistol were going for more.

50ct boxes of 22 rimfire for $35 each

One guy selling boxes of 12 gauge shells for $25 a box.

One guy had some .308 Win boxes that he had marked from the last show at $15 each, he was now selling for $60 ea.

Multiple people selling their handloads (mostly handgun and .223) for $1 a round.

I dont see me going back to a gun show any time soon.
    just about as bad in a little show in CenTex depressing

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    No there isn't. We got shutdown. I promise. ;)

Actually he's right, that's how I've been able to snag primers recently. It's still not easy though. Even there a lot of users are having a hard time getting anything.
    What Discord server? THERE IS NO Discord server....:laughing:
    And where, perchance, can one find this mythical, non-existent Discord server that was honestly shut down?

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I ordered some Prime-All to re-prime primers. See the tube, it is corrosive but in todays world who can be picky.

Top Bottom