Join TexasGunTalk

Primary arms email hurt some feels?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by craigntx, May 25, 2020.

1. mad88minute

mad88minute Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    They should have addressed the retraction to "Karen".

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

JCC, TxStetson and toddnjoyce like this.
  2. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I understand the distinction folks are trying to bring attention to. Memorial Day being a time set aside for solemn remembrance of those killed in action (KIA), fighting for this country. So, to wish someone a “happy” Memorial Day seems at least, a poor choice of words.

However, I’m not automatically given over to assume ‘malice intent’ on the part of someone’s poor word choices. I fully understand their intent, and while it may also make me feel somewhat uncomfortable as a veteran [to be “thanked”], I’m not likely to chastise them over it. Generally, I would not consider an apology to be in order but would take the opportunity to {tactfully} explain the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. As has been said, “no harm, no foul”.

majormadmax and karlac like this.
  3. popsgarland

popsgarland MEMBER

Aug 24, 2011
    Garland, Texas
    When I go out I always wear my Army Veteran hat. Most people tell me "thanks for your service". I was even told that today. But to me and all of my friends know what memorial day represents. I have a very good friend, from high school, who was KIA after only 12 days in Nam. I would rather some say " thanks for your service" instead what we were called when we returned from Nam. Army 67 - 69.

4. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    It always takes me back when someone says thank you for your service. I don't know why it bothers me. What does bother me is that only 3% of our population has ever served. That really bothers me.

5. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Every time I hear TYFYS, I want to make them watch this.

And then remember these types of thoughts went through my mind more then once when living in post housing, because I sure as shit wasn’t going to have to answer to my commander for the guy next door.

6. Medic218

Medic218 Active Member

May 27, 2010
    DFW
    I got those today but had to go back after getting the second one to see what they sent earlier.
    Once I saw it I was just like "oh, ok. Yeah, I get that" and that was it. Back to my day.

Bozz10mm likes this.
  7. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

I didn't see anything worth causing a big fuss over, and I don't feel the apology was really that necessary. People make mistakes, and there was no malice intended. At most, this should just be seen as a learning experience.

Sasquatch and Bozz10mm like this.
  8. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 TGT Addict

Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    There is never a bad time to thank a Vet for their service. Not even memorial day.

9. mad88minute

mad88minute Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Fair enough.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

TreyG-20 and Charlie like this.
  10. Bozz10mm

Bozz10mm TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I didn't notice it until they sent the apology email pointing it out.

Medic218 likes this.