• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The Premier gun show found a new venue in Bastrop. Is anyone going this weekend?

I'm gonna go check it out. If they got a Colt Cobra for sale might pick one up.
    Venture Surplus ad

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I went. It was ok, but kind of small. There was only 1 or 2 dealers with sizeable tables. There was one with a Cobra and I ended up buying it.

Really crowded, there's definitely a market for gun shows in the Austin area. But the venue was pretty much full to capacity, dunno if they can cram more dealers into the place or not.

Small show is better than no shows.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Thought about going but the schedule was a little tight to justify the drive to Bastrop.

Apparently there is another one in Dripping Springs this weekend. Any idea whether that venue is bigger or smaller than Bastrop?

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    We used to go to the Lake Bastrop Club to watch the Cedar Hackers fight back in the 70s. Is that close to where the gun show is being staged. They played good beer drinking music over there . It just took somebody to figger out who was against who sometimes

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Thought about going but the schedule was a little tight to justify the drive to Bastrop.

Apparently there is another one in Dripping Springs this weekend. Any idea whether that venue is bigger or smaller than Bastrop?

Word is the venue in Dripping Springs is even smaller than Bastrop.

Whoever the knucklehead is that put a bullet hole in the wall at Cedar Park and got the show kicked out of that giant convention center should be skinned alive.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Word is the venue in Dripping Springs is even smaller than Bastrop.

Whoever the knucklehead is that put a bullet hole in the wall at Cedar Park and got the show kicked out of that giant convention center should be skinned alive.
    Didn't somebody die in the parking lot too?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Didn't somebody die in the parking lot too?

If they did, that's the first I've heard of it. I was in there the morning the gun shot went off in the big hall, everyone stopped whatever they were doing and started looking in the direction the sound came from. Did someone get hit by it?

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    If they did, that's the first I've heard of it. I was in there the morning the gun shot went off in the big hall, everyone stopped whatever they were doing and started looking in the direction the sound came from. Did someone get hit by it?
    I think someone was looking at a pistol in the parking lot and had a ND. Now that I think about I think it was after they moved out of Cedar Park.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I think someone was looking at a pistol in the parking lot and had a ND. Now that I think about I think it was after they moved out of Cedar Park.

From what I recall, it was at one of the shows at the Cedar Park center. A gun went off in somebody's car and killed the guy in the car, didn't really have anything to do with the show. Not sure who was killed or why but I believe the police concluded that it was an accident. There was speculation at the time that he had unloaded for the show (because 30.06 :banghead:) and was either reloading or reholstering his gun in the car as he was leaving.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    However, as I understood it, what killed the shows at the Cedar Park Center was not the negligent discharges, it was because the Center hosts minor league basketball and hockey teams and they were having trouble committing to specific dates because of potential playoff games.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    And I thought the negligent discharge that occurred inside a building was at the Round Rock show over in some gym type facility off I-35, where they moved after they couldn't book the Cedar Park Center any more.

I really miss those shows. Those were really good shows.

Chili Palmer2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2017
    Austin
    A terrible thing to happen. Seems like some people don't know or practice the 10 Firearm Safety Commandments. A few years ago I took my wife's cousin to the old Crockett Center for the SAXET Gunshow; his first gunshow. We were about 30 minutes into the show when a shot rang out. It went deathly quiet then people hit the floor or went under tables. A guy accidently shot his buddy standing next to him (or at least that's what we were told).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A terrible thing to happen. Seems like some people don't know or practice the 10 Firearm Safety Commandments. A few years ago I took my wife's cousin to the old Crockett Center for the SAXET Gunshow; his first gunshow. We were about 30 minutes into the show when a shot rang out. It went deathly quiet then people hit the floor or went under tables. A guy accidently shot his buddy standing next to him (or at least that's what we were told).

I can't remember how many times I've seen people with their fingers on the trigger at gun shows, or muzzle sweeping others. Drives me nuts!

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    There's another Premier show in Bastrop next weekend (May 11-12). I'd sure like to try to go to that one, unfortunately it's Mother's Day weekend so who knows what other commitments I'm going to have. :argue:

Top Bottom