• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, the good news is that the Premier Gun Show will be returning to San Antonio in January 2015!

The not-so-good news is that there is only one show scheduled so far, that being January 10th & 11th. However, I suspect more shows will be announced once the new year arrives.

There has been a venue change, the show will now be at the San Antonio Shrine Auditorium (901 North Loop 1604 W, San Antonio, TX 78232) in the Stone Oak area of the city. The auditorium is located on the North access road of Loop 1604 between Stone Oak Parkway and Blanco Road.

map_big.png

(Lat/Long 29.560318/-98.495178)

Show Hours are Saturday 9 am–5 pm and Sunday 10 am–4 pm.

General Admission is still $8 (cash only), weekend Passes are $12 (again, cash only), children UNDER 12 and uniformed Peace Officers get in FREE!

You can also subscribe to their email newsletter to receive a printable $1 off coupon!

Parking is also FREE!

Breakfast plans are TBD, but subscribe to this thread as I will post updates as we get closer to the show!

So mark the dates of 10-11 January on your calendar, and start making plans to attend the biggest and best guns how in the San Antonio area!

Cheers! M2
    Hurley's Gold

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Premier has been in SA for several years now, just at a different venue; and anyone who has been to one of their shows as can tell you that they are larger, have more vendors and better selection than SAXET.

Plus, we get treated extremely well by the nice folks at Premier...

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Actually, YOU get treated extremely well...free food, free entry...in the interest of full disclosure ;)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In the interest of full disclosure...there were a lot of people from this forum who got free entry to the Premier shows than just myself. Premier has forgone hundreds of dollars in entry fees to extend such VIP treatment to members of this forum. I for one am grateful for that.

Secondly, we were only treated to breakfast once before their first San Antonio show. It was a gesture of appreciating for the members of this forum for coming out.

All that aside, I still would gladly pay for entry to this show as it is much better than SAXET.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    TGS used to hold shows there. Obviously it is a smaller venue but it can still hold a lot of tables (although a few side rooms will have to be used). I am not sure how many tables it will hold, that all depends on how things are set up and how many side rooms are used; but given that it is a much better location and Premier is no longer subjected to the whims of Bexar County (owners of the Freeman Expo Hall), it probably won't be as large as their previous shows but it is better than the alternative, which is no show at all!

Here is a link to the venue: Facilities

Cheers! M2

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    That's good news, I still have a couple of free passes I never used. I definitely appreciated the nice treatment. Hopefully the wife will get a new job by then and I can spend a couple of bucks.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Unfortunately "Canceled" per Tim and Michelle, "The space was just not large enough for the show we want to do and there were other complications with the building."

Yeah, I just got a text from them as well. They are looking for another location, but in the mean time this show has been cancelled.

Bummer. :(

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    does not surprise me one bit. Said it a few times, that place is just too damn small for the type of show that the Premier folks are accustomed to putting on. Sad to see it get canceled though. Hope they can find a place........................Quickly!!!!!

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    At least it wont interfere with the range day. I was ready to pop my cherry. Never been to a gun show.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The new venue is a twenty-fold step down in table space and the aisles are horribly tight.

The bigger question is how did "Premier" not get a shot at the Exposition Hall this time around?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The bigger question is how did "Premier" not get a shot at the Exposition Hall this time around?

Huh? They left Freeman after the county wanted to double what they charged them for parking. Premier was paying for it in an attempt to draw more people to the show. The county's extortion meant they would have made no money from the show, and that's no way to run a business....

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/san-antonio/54377-2014-premier-san-antonio-gun-shows-24.html

Top Bottom