• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    I'm looking to get into some precision rifle competition shooting in the San Antonio area. Does anyone know of anything or want to start something? Maybe somebody has land we could use I'd be happy to build target stands or whatever. I'd be happy to donate some sort of prize to get things going. We could do rim fire and center fire.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm looking to get into some precision competition shooting in the San Antonio area.
    There are already benchrest rifle and NRA Conventional Pistol matches within easy driving distance of SA. What disciplines were you considering?

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    Precision rifle, I've been to plenty of IDPA and some IPSC but I want to work with my bolt action. Specifically at ranges past 100. I can shoot out to 300 at the Bullet Hole but a competition ads stress you can't get anywhere else.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Precision rifle, I've been to plenty of IDPA and some IPSC but I want to work with my bolt action. Specifically at ranges past 100. I can shoot out to 300 at the Bullet Hole but a competition ads stress you can't get anywhere else.
    100 and 200 yard benchrest are, I assume, not what you're looking for. In that case, you've got a point about a lack of facilities. You shouldn't have to drive all the way to Rifles Only to get in some long-range work.

Perhaps someone who knows the area better than I do can point you to some current facilities. Good luck.

Top Bottom