• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm looking for a power-recliner for my man cave as I adjust to retirement and ACTUALLY having time to relax, listen to music, read, and watch a few programs on the idiot-box. Off topic, I just started season 4 of the Battlestar Galactica remake with Edward James Olmos.
    I'm a big guy, 6 ft 6 and about 280 lbs of pure muscle! (Ha!)
    I need something that will hold up and is big enough, and more importantly, long enough for me to be comfortable.
    I've looked at the Lane Gladiator (not available in power), Jackson (I liked it but it only came in cloth and has bad reviews for durability), Serta Theatre Chair (a bit on the short side as far as the length goes, and it's made out of bonded leather, which I'm not sure would hold up).

I can't find a lazy boy dealer anywhere close to me, and from what I'm told they start at about $1,500.

What say, ye? Any good experiences or recommendations?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have a Golden PR512MLA. I bought mine as part of an estate. IIRC my buddy said he paid $23 or $2800.00 like 3 years ago. I like As does the wife. My has Zero Gravity sleeep tv & sit settings. All settings can set on the controller.

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    We just upgraded to power reclining living room set. I can't say I really like it as much as the old school pull the lever.

The big thing to me is in getting it adjusted just right. To adjust just right you have to push a button. Versus the old way of pulling the lever and pushing the cars back or pulling with your legs to find that perfect place.

Just a thought.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    The lever type doesn't work for me. I can't use my legs to close it due to lower back issues.
    I haven't found the right over yet. Still looking and I appreciate all the suggestions.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    I just got a Flexsteel Garrett and I love it. Got the leather one, about $1,700.00. It's power with lumbar, and neck support. Very comfortable!

Top Bottom