Fort Bend
    20220629_163221.jpg
    DK Firearms

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I used to have a C6 Corvette (since replaced with a GT350); it had a lateral G meter that you could show in the heads up display. I had to turn it off as it was a constant challenge and made me corner harder when it didn't really matter. This new Ninja has a lean angle indicator which I suspect will be even more addictive.
    IMG_3916.JPG

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    2e5187f9ff2fc5f88e94101521926588.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    8d124876589da7a2d683ac0b1cb1c9c5.jpg

b6d2e33d6ec42913b6181ad65af6d08d.jpg

I turned 40 last year so I kinda treated myself to a couple of cool toys. Got the BMW in August and the F-250 was supposed to be here in December when I ordered in August but didn’t get it until April of this year. Picked up the Can-Am a couple months ago while window shopping because my normal dealer didn’t have anything.

Going to be swapping out the old Infiniti for a Tesla Model 3 performance soon.

Last edited:

Outrider

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Elmo, Texas
    The deck mobile

Attachments

• B1C7564E-D349-4EEA-87F0-2ED3320B9C6A.jpeg
      B1C7564E-D349-4EEA-87F0-2ED3320B9C6A.jpeg
      638.9 KB · Views: 59
    • 8BD7D38A-B327-447C-8E5D-E01233CE493F.jpeg
      8BD7D38A-B327-447C-8E5D-E01233CE493F.jpeg
      456.3 KB · Views: 51
    • 36975F58-7DF7-46D7-9FDD-54E4AF632C17.jpeg
      36975F58-7DF7-46D7-9FDD-54E4AF632C17.jpeg
      480.9 KB · Views: 53

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Here's my model 3 Performance. Ran an 11.42 @ 117.57l mph. This was when I picked it up at the service center.

Attachments

• 2022 Tesla model 3P.JPG
      2022 Tesla model 3P.JPG
      108.1 KB · Views: 56

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I think electric car manufacturers would win over a lot of buyers by making cars hybrid vs. plug-in only. Have to hand it to Toyota here, they were the leaders with the SuperUglySupremeDoucheMobile.... I mean the Prius ...

As an interim step, hybrid checks the boxes. Range anxiety is solved, performance can be solved, driving dynamics can be solved, etc. You can even have a true performance manual transmission sports car be hybrid, with the electric motor serving as a performance enhancer as well as a range extender. Want to treat your hybrid as a plug-in only? Ok, software can make sure you still burn the gas in the tank before it goes bad and causes fuel system issues. We already prompt for oil changes, DEF, etc.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I think electric car manufacturers would win over a lot of buyers by making cars hybrid vs. plug-in only. Have to hand it to Toyota here, they were the leaders with the SuperUglySupremeDoucheMobile.... I mean the Prius ...

As an interim step, hybrid checks the boxes. Range anxiety is solved, performance can be solved, driving dynamics can be solved, etc. You can even have a true performance manual transmission sports car be hybrid, with the electric motor serving as a performance enhancer as well as a range extender. Want to treat your hybrid as a plug-in only? Ok, software can make sure you still burn the gas in the tank before it goes bad and causes fuel system issues. We already prompt for oil changes, DEF, etc.

Yeah, hybrids are actually tempting for me when a new car is needed - the electric option is a range extender rather than a range limiter. There are very few short drives in my life.

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land

Electric is a whole lot less maintenance than hybrid. With this Tesla for the first four years all that is required for maintenance is the cabin filter replacement and maybe new tires. Brakes virtually never wear out due to the regeneration system. I can drive across town and and back and never touch my brake pedal.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County

Wife has a hybrid. Small 14 gallon gas tank but can get around 600 miles per fill. 143hp 4-banger but electric bumps it to 212hp. Downside is two modes of powerplants that could have an issue and driving 70+ mph, it will only get around 31mpg. Their other option with this model was a tiny turbo 4-banger but I don't care for gas vehicles where the turbo is constantly needed.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Electric is a whole lot less maintenance than hybrid. With this Tesla for the first four years all that is required for maintenance is the cabin filter replacement and maybe new tires. Brakes virtually never wear out due to the regeneration system. I can drive across town and and back and never touch my brake pedal.

Why is it then every one I have been behind are constantly hitting thier brakes. No I ain't tailgating I would never get that close to one.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas

You could always carry around 1 of those battery packs that charge up phones :roflsmile:

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Lonesome Dove: "Why is it then every one I have been behind are constantly hitting thier brakes. No I ain't tailgating I would never get that close to one. "

Because the brake lights come when when we let off the throttle. Any time regeneration is working the brake lights come on. We are not applying the brakes. As I mentioned, I drive all over town and nerve touch the brakes.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Lonesome Dove: "Why is it then every one I have been behind are constantly hitting thier brakes. No I ain't tailgating I would never get that close to one. "

Because the brake lights come when when we let off the throttle. Any time regeneration is working the brake lights come on. We are not applying the brakes. As I mentioned, I drive all over town and nerve touch the brakes.

LOL okay but it's still a Tesla ain't nobody loving it when it comes around the corner. In fact just the opposite

Top Bottom