Join TexasGunTalk

Post a pic of you doing a hobby other than shooting

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by EZ-E, Aug 14, 2018.

1. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...are a mile wide and an inch deep, something folks should remember.
    I figured it would be long dead and lined with apartments on the south side but a quick look at Google Maps shows that it's still wide, flat, clean, and almost all of both sides is industrial or businesses that clear out before dark. Yeah, it could still be a street racing center. In fact, Street View shows some loooong tire marks.

Google also shows that I lived 5 or 6 blocks away, not 3. :)

I can't imagine the old days when the empty lots would fill up with spectators and the cops would basically ignore the place will ever come back. But for a small gathering, it looks like it would still work. In fact, the development on the south side might actually redirect some of the noise that used to cause the apartment dwellers to the south to call the police to complain.

Wow. Memories.
    I never had a car to run; I was just a hanger-on. Luckily, I had a friend with a 455 Buick of some sort who used to stuff me in the passenger seat and scare the crap out of me regularly.

deemus and MetalCutter like this.
  2. Brains

Brains TGT Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    Oh yeah, I remember - but I never raced there. My big ones were Westheimer and FM1093 West of Hwy 6 (late 90's), Rankin Rd., Pinemont, Brittmore, Center St., Battleground Rd., and a couple times Holmes Rd. Wife spent time with her bro in law down on Spikewood in her youth (early 90's) but that was before my time.

MetalCutter likes this.
  3. rman

rman Well-Known

Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    he had caught 4 or 5 before I caught my first. it's his obsession. youtube taught him lol.

I'm getting into it a bit now. throw a drop shot and let it sit while I pretend to fish for bass.

his catfish setup he got for his 9th bday last month 03622fc56dff7450585ec52add6bed7c.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

deemus, karlac, EZ-E and 1 other person like this.
  4. mroper

mroper Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I remember the westhiemer races. I used to hang out over that way at the Hog Stop/AL's #2 Then the sherriff start to show up on friday/sat nights after a wreck or two.

5. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have a weird story about being pulled over during a Westheimer race night but it doesn't really go anywhere, so...nvm.

:)

6. Brains

Brains TGT Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    I have lots of racing stories. None of which are true and/or happened on a private road in Mexico.

BRD@66 likes this.
  7. Charlie

Charlie Semi-Literate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    My hobbies have elevated or deteriorated, depend on who one asks. Still into guns and shooting, reloading, carpentry, keeping the dam acreage mowed and rocks picked up, cigars, and beer. That 'bout does it! :green: (pics will probably never be posted!)

8. SloppyShooter

SloppyShooter Certifiable

Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Wrong! Check Facebook....

Charlie likes this.
  9. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    New Orleans
  10. Charlie

Charlie Semi-Literate TGT Supporter