• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I was watching some hunting videos where folks were using suppressors. Ive never really had an interest in doing the class 3 thing until I saw this. I am wondering if someone could suggest a decent multi-caliber option for hunting / general shooting.

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to suppress rifle calibers from .45-70 down to .22 but I am unsure if this is possible. At a bare minimum, I would need something that can do .308 and down. Is there such a thing as a reliable multi-caliber suppressor? and if there is what are some brands/models that yall would suggest?

I have absolutely zero interest in suppressing pistols so this would be a rifles only type deal.
    Target Sports

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I was watching some hunting videos where folks were using suppressors. Ive never really had an interest in doing the class 3 thing until I saw this. I am wondering if someone could suggest a decent multi-caliber option for hunting / general shooting.

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to suppress rifle calibers from .45-70 down to .22 but I am unsure if this is possible. At a bare minimum, I would need something that can do .308 and down. Is there such a thing as a reliable multi-caliber suppressor? and if there is what are some brands/models that yall would suggest?

I have absolutely zero interest in suppressing pistols so this would be a rifles only type deal.

Look at the SilencerCo Hybrid 46.
    I wouldn’t recommend it for rimfire. It is best to have a dedicated rimfire can that can be taken apart to clean. Not an issue with centerfire rifle.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Look at the SilencerCo Hybrid 46.
    I wouldn’t recommend it for rimfire. It is best to have a dedicated rimfire can that can be taken apart to clean. Not an issue with centerfire rifle.
    Thats good to know. .22lr would be a nice to have but no big deal. Mostly shoot .223 -.45-70 and everything in between

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I'll second the Silencerco Hybrid. If you get s rifle can you'll end up w/ a pistol can too. A silenced .22 pistol is too fun to pass up!

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I will be sure to check all of these out. Still deciding on doing the individual vs trust.

Anyone knows what happens if you kick the bucket and you owned your suppressor as an individual? Seems like the .gov confiscates it then?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I will be sure to check all of these out. Still deciding on doing the individual vs trust.

Anyone knows what happens if you kick the bucket and you owned your suppressor as an individual? Seems like the .gov confiscates it then?

You must have at least one friend, don't you?

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All my cans are SilencerCo. Hybrid46 gonna give you the most range of options. While your doing it, spend the extra coin and get ya a rimfire can while your at it. Trust vs individual is a moot point, unless someone other than you, wants to use your can without you.

Stick with one company so you can outfit your guns to accept the fast attach design, whoever you chose. Just in case, down the road you get another can.

Don't let the amount of time to get one scare you off. Time waits for no man.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Can be bequeathed tax free to legal heir using Form 5. (Box 1 3rd check box.) Complete before you croak though.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...-registration-firearm-atf-form-53205/download
    Good to know thank you

All my cans are SilencerCo. Hybrid46 gonna give you the most range of options. While your doing it, spend the extra coin and get ya a rimfire can while your at it. Trust vs individual is a moot point, unless someone other than you, wants to use your can without you.

Stick with one company so you can outfit your guns to accept the fast attach design, whoever you chose. Just in case, down the road you get another can.

Don't let the amount of time to get one scare you off. Time waits for no man.

Yea I think I would do that but I really dont shoot rimfire enough to justify owning more than one. I just hunt these days mostly so I would want the suppressor for that and for shooting an AR occasionally. Ill keep that in mind though

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    My Hybrid46 works great with my .458 socom but I also use it with my AR-45, AR-40, and AR-9.

If you plan on a .338 lm in the future the hybrid is rated for that too.

While the tri-lug mount looks intriguing I would only use it for pistol calibers. The ASR mount as far as Slincerco mounts seems to be the way to go unless you want to stick to direct thread.

https://silencerco.com/hybrid-46

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    My Hybrid46 works great with my .458 socom but I also use it with my AR-45, AR-40, and AR-9.

If you plan on a .338 lm in the future the hybrid is rated for that too.

While the tri-lug mount looks intriguing I would only use it for pistol calibers. The ASR mount as far as Slincerco mounts seems to be the way to go unless you want to stick to direct thread.

https://silencerco.com/hybrid-46
    Yea the hybrid 46 is looking like it fits my needs pretty well

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    The hybrid is a great can. On a side note .308 won’t cycle in semi auto if using a suppressor and sub sonic ammo. I also second the rimfire can. It’s nice to have it even if you hardly use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I’ll third or fourth or whatever the SiCo hybrid as a do it all can. I don’t own a hybrid, but one of my good friends does, and I have used/witnessed it quite a bit.
    If you were never interested before, and only considering it for hunting, stick with direct thread mount. ASR mount, while not terrible, is heavy, expensive, and not great.
    I would also recommend a dedicated rimfire suppressor, although don’t be afraid to fire a few rounds through a Centerfire can now and then.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Oh man the ASR mounting system is heavy and terrible.

I converted my Omega 30 to the Q Plan B mount, which uses their tapered Cherry Bomb muzzle attachment.

Waaay better, super easy and very lightweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom