Possible addition to the rules or suggestions regarding necro posting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    There is nothing liberal about it, totalitarian, authoritarian, most definitely, but certainly, nothing lending itself to freedom.
    I see you use "liberal" in the classic sense... I was trying to not confuse the public school kids.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    There is a natural tension between using a necro thread vs posting a new one to have a helpful member say "there's already a thread on that".
    Depends on the topic. On bigger forums there are specific questions that get asked in a new topic by a new user once a month or so. That new member should likely search a little, maybe even before they join. Posting the single word "welcome" in a meaningless intro topic by someone no one else knows or cares about is annoying but should it be legislated against? Probably not.

MRockwell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    Central Indiana
    Maybe say, or strongly suggest, if you necro bump 25 or more of the year plus old intro threads you will never get access to the classifieds?

One noob can do some serious necro damage in a few minutes completely juggling up the new posts sections we all go thru to get up to date.

Right up there with the daily bumping for months of for sa lo e ads but you can block those guys since they are just here to sell over priced or unwanted stuff with wierd stipulations.

Just a thought.
    Over on INGO, intro threads are locked after a few days. Keeps newbs from running to 50.

Y'all think having 25 posts to get into the classies is bad, it's 50 quality posts on INGO.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I got less from this thread then some of the necro threads. Funny the different problems that plague us. With my wife who seems gravely ill I had to step up on house work, especially after her niece & nephew stayed.

Yesterday after noon I had to get the wife drink a colon cleanser for her procedure on Monday. When she got to the Miralax enhanced Gatorade she threw a bunch up on one of the shag bathroom mats. I have always had a smell puke makes me puke reflex. I washed it ASAP but noticed the puke stank is really in it. I was thinking I need a thread on a laundry tip to remove the stank. Then again as I wake up I figure it be best just for me to do a search about puke stank in laundry.

Top Bottom