• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Take your pick drunk, fat finger on a phone keyboard, half asleep, spell check, shitty keyboard that keys stick or all of those combined. Then again if my wife wants to identify as my husband who are you to judge? Hell for a tax credit she can ask me whose my daddy!

When I went to high school guys didn't take typing. Never went to college so my stupid ass never formally learned to type.
    My dad would joke that when he went to school there were only 11 grades. Said if there had been 12 he wouldn't have made it out.
    Guns International

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    You may think this a travesty, but cut that tenderloin out, make yourself some bacon-wrapped fillets, and the rest trim up into some stew meat, gently seared with the appropriate seasonings and chow down. Cook that bone in there to get all the flavor, will make a fine stew.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I've never been happy with how I cook a steak. I've tried various techniques. I like rare- med rare. I can cook a good burger but a great steak eludes me

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I've never been happy with how I cook a steak. I've tried various techniques. I like rare- med rare. I can cook a good burger but a great steak eludes me
    Maybe you‘re overthinking it. It doesn’t take much. A hot fire, and a decent piece of meat to start. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Throw it on for for 5-7 minutes depending on thickness. Roll it over for 3-5 minutes, again, depends on thickness. Pull it off when it reaches desired cooking level. Let rest a few minutes before eating.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I lived a lot of year’s without a grill or smoker. At the old house I hated the patio and the sliding door to it. All of those years I did pan seared steaks. While it made a mess on the walls in the kitchen (exhaust fan didn’t actually exhaust) I made many a great steak! Nice thing about a pan sear was the sauces you can make deglazing the pan while the steak rested

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    This thread went to hell in a hurry. Went from "I got steak" to a donnybrook faster that it will take most people to look up "donnybrook".

don·ny·brook
    /ˈdänēˌbro͝ok/

noun
    NORTH AMERICAN•AUSTRALIAN
    1. a scene of uproar and disorder; a heated argument.
      "raucous ideological donnybrooks"
    You're rignt... it didn't hardly take no time at all

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    don·ny·brook
    /ˈdänēˌbro͝ok/

noun
    NORTH AMERICAN•AUSTRALIAN
    1. a scene of uproar and disorder; a heated argument.
      "raucous ideological donnybrooks"
    You're rignt... it didn't hardly take me no time at all
    I thought donnybrook was a farm.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Maybe you‘re overthinking it. It doesn’t take much. A hot fire, and a decent piece of meat to start. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Throw it on for for 5-7 minutes depending on thickness. Roll it over for 3-5 minutes, again, depends on thickness. Pull it off when it reaches desired cooking level. Let rest a few minutes before eating.

I lived a lot of year’s without a grill or smoker. At the old house I hated the patio and the sliding door to it. All of those years I did pan seared steaks. While it made a mess on the walls in the kitchen (exhaust fan didn’t actually exhaust) I made many a great steak! Nice thing about a pan sear was the sauces you can make deglazing the pan while the steak rested
    Yeah, I just do simple. Salt pepper and heat. They just hardly even turn out melt in your mouth beefy flavorful. Like a good brisket without the smoke. Restaurant steaks are~50\50 for me too. Half are great, the other half are meh.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Take your pick drunk, fat finger on a phone keyboard, half asleep, spell check, shitty keyboard that keys stick or all of those combined. Then again if my wife wants to identify as my husband who are you to judge? Hell for a tax credit she can ask me whose my daddy!

When I went to high school guys didn't take typing. Never went to college so my stupid ass never formally learned to type.
    My freshman and sophomore years in high school, I took typing. I also took advanced ag shop classes as well. And I took homemaking as well! A lot of those skills I learned in high school and at home, allowed me to live on my own from a very early age and to be able to take care of myself, without having to depend on having a wife to take care of such things.

A lot of guys questioned me about it. I asked them what all classes were the girls taking? It sure wasn't the ones they were in!

I still use my old learned typing skills to this day. I'm not a master typist by any stretch, but I get by good enough and it has served me well over the years, going back to typing out resumes for jobs and other assorted usages.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My freshman and sophomore years in high school, I took typing. I also took advanced ag shop classes as well. And I took homemaking as well! A lot of those skills I learned in high school and at home, allowed me to live on my own from a very early age and to be able to take care of myself, without having to depend on having a wife to take care of such things.

A lot of guys questioned me about it. I asked them what all classes were the girls taking? It sure wasn't the ones they were in!

I still use my old learned typing skills to this day. I'm not a master typist by any stretch, but I get by good enough and it has served me well over the years, going back to typing out resumes for jobs and other assorted usages.
    I was cooking my own food from a very young age from 2 of the best instructors at the time Julia Child & Jacques Pépin.

I didn't take any shop classes in High School! I took horticulture instead it was a 2 hour class. The building trades classes built a house every year. Horticulture landscaped it. I had the winning landscape design. Because it was my design I had to maintain the yard until it sold. I giving a salary to do so, making me an employee of the township high schools. I pissed many a teacher off parking my vehicle in the employee parking. Nothing they could do seeing as I had a pay stub!

I was on my own @ 18 & my mom never came visiting. When I got to Texas mom & dad came down to visit. My mom was surprised at many of my house keeping ways. 1 set of sheets for the beds, meant no folding. T-shirt went on a hanger to to save folding (she ran with that once back home)! No underwear no washing it made her go buy me some. I had 2 laundry baskets dirty & clean . Socks & towels stay in clean until I need them.

I actually kept a clean apartment until I thought it was my girl friends job. It went down hill after marriage. And just today I was think about that fancy mop bucket I bought sitting with dirty water in it. I know the excuse will be about taking care of her mom & dad. Today was no exception as her mom needed a bath & laundry + other bullshit. I guess its better then them wanting to move in!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I was cooking my own food from a very young age from 2 of the best instructors at the time Julia Child & Jacques Pépin.

I didn't take any shop classes in High School! I took horticulture instead it was a 2 hour class. The building trades classes built a house every year. Horticulture landscaped it. I had the winning landscape design. Because it was my design I had to maintain the yard until it sold. I giving a salary to do so, making me an employee of the township high schools. I pissed many a teacher off parking my vehicle in the employee parking. Nothing they could do seeing as I had a pay stub!

I was on my own @ 18 & my mom never came visiting. When I got to Texas mom & dad came down to visit. My mom was surprised at many of my house keeping ways. 1 set of sheets for the beds, meant no folding. T-shirt went on a hanger to to save folding (she ran with that once back home)! No underwear no washing it made her go buy me some. I had 2 laundry baskets dirty & clean . Socks & towels stay in clean until I need them.

I actually kept a clean apartment until I thought it was my girl friends job. It went down hill after marriage. And just today I was think about that fancy mop bucket I bought sitting with dirty water in it. I know the excuse will be about taking care of her mom & dad. Today was no exception as her mom needed a bath & laundry + other bullshit. I guess its better then them wanting to move in!
    In jr. high and high school, our ag classes consisted of many different things from shop, to farm livestock, farm crops and other such things. I did attend auto shop class at another larger high school in Palestine that had an arrangement with Elkhart for some classes that Elkhart didn't have. Fun thing about the auto shop class at Palestine was, a couple of my cousins were in the same class!

I moved away from home at the tender age of 16! Stayed at my grandmother's house for about a month until I found a small 1 bedroom upstairs garage apartment that was cheap enough that I could afford, while going to school half a day and working the afternoons at one job and another on evenings and weekends.

Leaving home at 16 was an eye-opening experience, but it shaped me a lot in how I viewed life in general, and formed up being a rather independent person and in many ways, use to doing and having things my way.

I was a bit OCD about keeping a clean apartment or house. A couple of girlfriends and lady friends over the years have asked me if I had a maid to keep my house or apartment clean! Nope!

As far as clothes? I was a clothes whore going back to my teenage years! Learned how to do laundry, and made sure shirts, jeans and pants were always starched and ironed. I thank my grandmother for teaching me that skill! She also taught me a lot about cooking.

One thing I did learn, was if you were a good housekeeper, could cook decently, and had a decent job, there was no shortage of available women to date! Since I turned 15 years old, I have never lacked for female companionship! Two ex-wives and a current one can attest to that fact!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You may think this a travesty, but cut that tenderloin out, make yourself some bacon-wrapped fillets, and the rest trim up into some stew meat, gently seared with the appropriate seasonings and chow down. Cook that bone in there to get all the flavor, will make a fine stew.
    A filet bacon wrapped or not is my least favorite steak! As far as stew goes leftover smoked brisket point is my favorite. No way would I use expensive steak for stew! Stew needs to actually stew for a while to develop flavor. Stew also needs gelatinous fat that coats your lips, so you get a ahh when licking your lips. Cheap meat like beef cheeks & shoulder blades make great stew because of the collagen in them. I would have said oxtails but steak is often cheaper then oxtails

While working in Missouri City a customer asked for swinging steak! He taught me that smoking whole ox tails were one of the cheaper little pleasures of life back then. Same guy turned me onto smoking my own pork neck bones. Something about sitting around with your brochacos with ice cold beer, hot sauce with neck bones!

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Neck bone are good to eat and make great seasoning.
    As far as an earlier post Fiesta sometimes has crown roast, only they are about half the thickness of the ones ones we had for Sunday's as a kid.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Are we talking pork crown or beef crown roast? I always hated making pork crown roast for the holidays because of the waste involved in making them . I would suggest a center cut pork rib roast and explain it looked good and still had the baby back ribs intact.

Beef crowns are easy, but most bone in chucks have broken cyrovac packaging causing them to be nasty with bacteria. I use to call beef crown roast Huntsville roast! Put it on in the early morning, then drive to Huntsville to visit your convict kin folk. It might be tender once you got home!

Top Bottom