• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Brookshire Brother are running Select T-bones in their value packs this week. Dragged my fat ass down & bought 2 value packs with 2, 4 inch steaks in each package. When I asked for them the Market Manager seemed reluctant. Good thing I have a bit of experience in the way it works. He totally took care of me, where if I had sent the wife my Tourettes Syndrome would be flaring up!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Enjoy the beef, but otherwise, I am confused. In an earlier post a while back, you said you had a husband?

Damn this board's memory is a long one - I had to double check that one, it was 8 months ago :roflsmile:I guess that's time for divorces and marriages, and almost long enough to be pullin' out some baby carriages.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Enjoy the beef, but otherwise, I am confused. In an earlier post a while back, you said you had a husband?

Take your pick drunk, fat finger on a phone keyboard, half asleep, spell check, shitty keyboard that keys stick or all of those combined. Then again if my wife wants to identify as my husband who are you to judge? Hell for a tax credit she can ask me whose my daddy!

When I went to high school guys didn't take typing. Never went to college so my stupid ass never formally learned to type.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    When I went to high school guys didn't take typing.
    Same here.

But it's the one class I took in high school that I continue to use every single day. It's the only class I took in high school that gave me any advantage over anyone else during my working years.

When I first got a real job, my willingness to use a computer was met with disdain by older workers who weren't shy about insulting me with "Only secretaries type." Then computers got cheaper, more ubiquitous, and those same older workers were coming to me for help.

Crazy how that worked out.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Crazy how that worked out.
    What a long strange trip it’s been! Up until we moved I had not owned a cell phone for like 15 years. Not sure how things would be here I more or less figured it would be a wise move to get one. I use to laugh at my friends texting like little school girls.

The friend I was texting last night went to college & worked internationally. His typing skills on his phone are crazy fast without all the mistakes then autocorrecting I get.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    "When I asked for them the Market Manager seemed reluctant."

Because he wanted them for himself and maybe for some of his friends or...?
    The tenderloin on a t-bone tappers down to no existent. The porterhouse have the largest tenderloin on them. Meat cutting is all about hiding the worse & showing the best.

Depending on the short loin you get 4-5 value packs with equally tapered t-bones. The market manager was cutting pork when I asked the roast. He probably got pissed he had to stop. Probably figured he was going to have to sanitize the saw too. Then there the thing of marking 8 other customers made by selling me the largest section with tenderloin!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    FC03C381-FF10-4B31-B2A8-2B3A7C03BCD2.jpeg

99DA0F72-0E8E-4543-837E-66DA1A7462FE.jpeg
    DC1262B7-65B8-4AAF-AE7E-158711A4E11F.jpeg
    CE6940E3-DFD1-4E6C-949D-14E8551DF2C7.jpeg

Grill is lit & coming up to temperature. The grate is in place. The rub is roasted garlic. Worcestershire, black pepper, cayenne pepper & paprika. 550 degrees

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Looks like might make a choice grade, IMO. But looks like you know how to make it right. T-bone (Porterhouse from the top of the loin) is good, I usually preferred a 2-inch Rib Steak. I really do not like today's cryvac meats but prefer fresh hanging beef straight from the butcher shop. But any beef prepared right can be really good, you don't see any crown roasts made anymore, those can be mighty tasty as well. I do not know if this generation of meat cutters could break down a hanging beef quarter. Stopped at the one (butcher) in Eagle Lake one day, bought some 1 1/2 inch T-bones, the texture was terrible, I could only call it sandy, and the taste was bleech! I have not been back! Probably was just my normal bad luck.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The trick with select beef steaks are cooking them rare! As far as I’m concerned same thing on most game meats.

This took about 30 minutes to cook to blue rare temperature of 120 degrees. Seeing as it’s just the wife & me I pulled the tenderloin off then split it. The tenderloin was like butter!

I started to bone the strip off, but figured the dog can wait for the bone. The few slices I took from the strip were great as well. A few mornings of steak & eggs are in the future!

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    That sounds like really great morning treats, just need some hashbrowns with that and some crispy thick sliced bacon for dessert.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom