• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • long_tall_texan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    DFW
    OK. Don't laugh at me too a hard. Just completed my first P80 lower build this evening... And I have leftover parts. That's never good, right?

I bought this kit.

Here's the leftover parts.
    20211128_212652~2.jpg

Obviously, the trigger is the curved trigger. I installed the flat faced trigger. The flat spring appears to be a longer slide lock/release spring - maybe for the full size? And what is the little coil spring for?

I assembled my slide on the lower. Everything appears to function properly. But I'm not gonna fire it until I know what these leftover parts are.

Thanks in advance.
    Texas SOT

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    OK. Don't laugh at me too a hard. Just completed my first P80 lower build this evening... And I have leftover parts. That's never good, right?

I bought this kit.

Here's the leftover parts.
    View attachment 290985

Obviously, the trigger is the curved trigger. I installed the flat faced trigger. The flat spring appears to be a longer slide lock/release spring - maybe for the full size? And what is the little coil spring for?

I assembled my slide on the lower. Everything appears to function properly. But I'm not gonna fire it until I know what these leftover parts are.

Thanks in advance.

IIRC that is indeed a slide lock spring (the long flat guy)

The small coil spring... striker spring? Trigger return spring? Been a minute since I detail stripped a Glock - there's only IIRC 33 parts in a Glock pistol (and thus, Glock clone) so it shouldn't be too hard to find what that spring is!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Coil spring could also be a slide lock spring.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That's the spring that pushes the firing pin block back down. Take off the slide and turn it upside down and the firing pin block will probably move on its own.

long_tall_texan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    DFW
    Nothing worse than taking your gun apart, then putting it back together and realizing there is a spring on your workbench, and you have no idea where it came from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Exactly. I may have been guilty of tossing a random fastener on the workbench of a buddy who was doing an R&R on hardware at work just to mess with him.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Best one up I ever saw was when a friend who was a pain in the ass jokester, was rebuilding a Rochester 4BB and SOMEHOW - SOMEBODY put a little ball bearing in the cleaner the parts were soaking in. A ball bearing the same size as the several used for check valves in the Rochester!
    After about a week, he finally checked the parts sheet and found that, yes there WAS one part too many!

long_tall_texan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    DFW
    Best one up I ever saw was when a friend who was a pain in the ass jokester, was rebuilding a Rochester 4BB and SOMEHOW - SOMEBODY put a little ball bearing in the cleaner the parts were soaking in. A ball bearing the same size as the several used for check valves in the Rochester!
    After about a week, he finally checked the parts sheet and found that, yes there WAS one part too many!
    Ooft. That would be a good ones. I rebuilt the Holly 4BB that was on my grandma's F250 many moons ago. The instructions were just an exposed view of the entire carb - items 1-100+. Re uild instructions were, remove items in order of 1, 2, 3, etc. Reassemble in reverse order. Oh so fun for a teenage kid. But it did it and it worked! Went from 4 gallons per mile to 4 miles per gallon in a few hours.

Top Bottom