• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Saw this in the politics listings of the Austin CL and thought y'all would enjoy it as much as me.

gun ownership

gun ownership (Hyde)

Date: 2010-09-29, 8:51AM CDT
    Reply to: comm-gurdx-1979526849@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

If elected president I will relax all gun laws and bring the legal age of gun ownership to 15. Guns will be discounted and easily affordable (as will bullets). Once almost every American has a gun (because lets face it we live in fear of our fellow man) then I will step out onto the front lawn of the white house and yell BOO!

The guns will go off and IF we are luckly 10% of Americans will be dead when the smoke clears. Let me be very clear about this, all the dead bodies are not a bad thing. Traffic will be lighter in the morning with less people on the road. Unemployment will be gone since we will need people to replace those killed. The Funeral home business will boom, helping all business around them rise up out of the recession.

Since 2000 we have had over 11,000 gun deaths in the US (England only had like 60), but we are Americans and I feel we can do much better.
    ARJ Defense ad

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    People will remain blind to the real answer. After taking away guns in the UK, the actual murder rate didn't change much. However less murders were caused by firearms. Other methods like knives have risen to take the place of guns. Violent crime rate continues to climb dramatically as people are no longer able to protect themselves.

Reality: People will kill each other. Period. They have been doing so long before the firearm was invented. If the idiots get firearms prohibited worldwide, people will still kill each other long after they are gone.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    People will remain blind to the real answer. After taking away guns in the UK, the actual murder rate didn't change much. However less murders were caused by firearms. Other methods like knives have risen to take the place of guns. Violent crime rate continues to climb dramatically as people are no longer able to protect themselves.

Reality: People will kill each other. Period. They have been doing so long before the firearm was invented. If the idiots get firearms prohibited worldwide, people will still kill each other long after they are gone.

Are they going to outlaw cars next because people drive whilst intoxicated? I don't think so. Teachers don't blame the pencils when there are spelling errors. Why are we blaming guns for murders when knives, crowbars, broken beer bottles, eye drops, butane torches, baseball bats, swimming pools, extension cords, and many more kill people?

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The Brits are trying to ban kitchen knives now, because that's turned into the weapon of choice. Of course, lots of alcohol is usually involved, but they aren't about to ban anything that they can tax.

There are times when I wonder how Austin remains part of the state. It's like a colony of leftists, completely out of touch with the rest of the world (and certainly with the rest of Texas!), just meandering around in their Priuses and Birkenstockers and thinking up ways to bug the crap out of the rest of us.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    The Brits are trying to ban kitchen knives now, because that's turned into the weapon of choice. Of course, lots of alcohol is usually involved, but they aren't about to ban anything that they can tax.

There are times when I wonder how Austin remains part of the state. It's like a colony of leftists, completely out of touch with the rest of the world (and certainly with the rest of Texas!), just meandering around in their Priuses and Birkenstockers and thinking up ways to bug the crap out of the rest of us.

But if you recall the polling results from the 08 election it was actually every metropolitan area in our state that voted for a certain individual, not just Austin. It was the hard working folks in the rural areas and their turnout that kept our electoral vote where it has been for years.

Top Bottom