Patriot Mobile

Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. No one enjoys it and the frog dies.
    So... did you understand the humor associated with that post. Trust me... with my sense of humor there are very sacred cows. My original post was to have pointed out what I couldn't see. Must be one of them "If you didn't get it - explaining ain't gonna help" kinna deals.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    did you understand the humor associated with that post.
    I don't care about the humor associated with the post. I was commenting on the fact that, unless you do it for a living, it's a waste of time to analyze humor. To the average consumer of jokes/memes/etc., the humor either is there or it isn't; discussing why something is or isn't funny is very rarely fruitful.

I'd rather not keep verbally killing that same frog in what is supposed to be a visual content thread.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I don't care about the humor associated with the post. I was commenting on the fact that, unless you do it for a living, it's a waste of time to analyze humor. To the average consumer of jokes/memes/etc., the humor either is there or it isn't; discussing why something is or isn't funny is very rarely fruitful.

I'd rather not keep verbally killing that same frog in what is supposed to be a visual content thread.
    Okiee dokiee... just to be clear. I simply said I did not see the humor. I didn't say it was humorless. I ask for someone to explain it to me then I might could decide it was humorless or not. I simply did not get it. Then following my request I get lightly toasted for suggesting it was humorless - which I never did. To further compound the issue no one made an attempt other than "Orange man bad - start there" which did not help me understand why the meme was supposed to be funny. Never was my attempt to decide funny or not. I was seeking directions to show where the humor was - never got that and now we segue in to a discussion on why we should not attempt to dissect humor. Where's tha' map - I'm lost!

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    160yw2.jpg

Better?

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I support LGBTQ:
    Liberty
    Guns
    Bible
    Trump and
    BBQ

Thanks to Belle's Smoking BBQ in Williamstown, KY. The really funny thing is, if the LGBTQs had not kicked up such a fuss about the "misappropriation" of their acronym, I (and many others) would never have known about it.

Top Bottom