ARJ Defense ad

Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    download-21.png
    Guns International

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Venezuelans - If they're already on a boat to get away, they may as well come to the best place.

Cubans -The US is closest.

In general - Are Costa Rica, Brazil, and Mexico letting them in?
    So what, why should we? That poem on the Statue of Liberty is an obsolete fantasy.
    Hispanola & Jamaica are a better fit for Cubans, and Venezuelans should stick with their South American neighbors.
    None of them have a right to impose upon the US that cannot even take care of our own poor & homeless with a welfare system that is already stretched to hundreds of billions in deficit,

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Venezuelans - If they're already on a boat to get away, they may as well come to the best place.

Cubans -The US is closest.

In general - Are Costa Rica, Brazil, and Mexico letting them in?
    They go through those countries but neither none of these countries give the benefits that the U.S. does nor do they offer the job/pay that the U.S. does.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    why should we?
    Well, that's the ultimate question, isn't it?

You may well be spot-on with everything else in your post. For the sake of continued discussion, I agree to all of that.

But the fact remains that we need immigrants. Our demographic profile is better than most advanced countries but it's still not exactly in the peak of health. We could certainly use a few million young, hard-working people to come here, embrace the American dream, and keep America on top of a thousand different metrics where our long term standing is threatened.

So where should we find those people?

I sincerely doubt we can make the cultural change that would convince every woman from 18 to 30 years old with her head on straight to get married and have 4 kids. Lacking that, where are we going to get the young people who will grow up to make or keep America great?

Hell, 1 out of 5 of Gen Z kids identify as LGBT. I don't think we can count on them to do the job.

But they're gonna have to come from somewhere.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Well, that's the ultimate question, isn't it?

You may well be spot-on with everything else in your post. For the sake of continued discussion, I agree to all of that.

But the fact remains that we need immigrants. Our demographic profile is better than most advanced countries but it's still not exactly in the peak of health. We could certainly use a few million young, hard-working people to come here, embrace the American dream, and keep America on top of a thousand different metrics where our long term standing is threatened.

So where should we find those people?

I sincerely doubt we can make the cultural change that would convince every woman from 18 to 30 years old with her head on straight to get married and have 4 kids. Lacking that, where are we going to get the young people who will grow up to make or keep America great?

Hell, 1 out of 5 of Gen Z kids identify as LGBT. I don't think we can count on them to do the job.

But they're gonna have to come from somewhere.

Then let them come in AND be vetted instead of letting them come in and us giving them money, well, free everything. My grandparents come over from Italy and were vetted before they were let into our country to stay. The way things are now, there are one hell of a lot of criminals and drugs being brought into our country. And that should not be happening.

ETA: Also, why do they all have to stay in Texas? why won't the other states want any of them?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Then let them come in AND be vetted instead of letting them come in and us giving them money, well, free everything. My grandparents come over from Italy and were vetted before they were let into our country to stay. The way things are now, there are one hell of a lot of criminals and drugs being brought into our country. And that should not be happening.

ETA: Also, why do they all have to stay in Texas? why won't the other states want any of them?
    Votes.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Then let them come in AND be vetted
    I've never said anything that would disagree with this. I may not support the brutal sorting of the worthy from the unworthy that held sway on Ellis Island but I absolutely do agree that anyone who wants to come in should have potential for positive impact on our country.

Violent criminals or the mentally unfit do not qualify. Neither do folks who are obviously out to tear down the processes by which we run this great country.

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx

Their Texas ID's are no good in the other states

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom