Join TexasGunTalk

Pocket .22lr

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by MikePotts, May 18, 2019.

1. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    go ahead and clip that .44 to your athletic shorts. ;)

deemus and Dancing Heretik like this.
  2. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Haven't owned a pair of athletic shorts in some decades.

3. seeker_two

seeker_two Well-Known

Jul 1, 2008
    Well....bet that makes an impression with the ladies on your morning jog....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Charlie likes this.
  4. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    EPIC!!!

Sam7sf likes this.
  5. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Well, as someone in a wheelchair (learning to walk all over again), I pretty much LIVE in athletic shorts of one type or another. :doh:

6. Byrd666

Byrd666 Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Been there, done that. Got the.......and the..... etc., etc. If ya was closer, I'd be happy to come over and show off the bad habits I re-learned. :evil:

After having been 'scripted a KAFO (Knee Ankle Foot Orthotic), a device that puts a mechanical exoskeleton on your lower extremity from the foot and ankle to the crotch area, I learned that wearing shorts, of almost any kind, make it a whole lot easier to put on, and wear said device. It also tends to rip up, cut up, and generally destroy, whatever long pant I might wear with it overall. After never having been a shorts person before, there was a major curve in the apparel and lifestyle change to go with it that just carried over to everyday wear. And though I don't where it all the time, it is "highly recommended" that I do. Read as," Doc. says...." And just as soon as all the kinks are worked out with it and fixed, I will. Mostly.

So, while I'm normally in pull-on type shorts at the house, going off property requires me to be in a belted short of some kind 99.9999% of the time. And those are normally some type of cargo short. There is almost always a pair of those with a belt already on them, so it's nothing much more than pulling them on. Having it/them pre-staged as such, means I can throw whatever I need to in my pocket(s) or on the belt and go do what needs doin'.

karlac and Dancing Heretik like this.
  7. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Haven't jogged for decades either.

8. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

One you might check out is the S&W PD351 .22mag revolver.
    It is made of alloy and very lightweight.
    Seven shot D/A
    Rock solid little gun.
    The Moonpie haz one. You're welcome to try it next range day get together if you like.

birddog, seeker_two and Sam7sf like this.
  9. MikePotts

MikePotts Well-Known Lifetime Member

I am leaning more & more to the revolver idea, Light, ability to use weird rounds :0

Charlie and Byrd666 like this.
  10. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    Bought one new. Fired 9 rounds before the trigger pin broke. Taurus took a month to repair. Sold it after testing. Just did not trust it.