• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    USGG Infidel war belt being shipped out tomorrow, so I am excited but can't filter out which dump pouch is best and why. Please recommend a good one and include why it stands out. Really appreciate the help.

Oh also... I see that most have the dump pouch on the back center, right, or left. I feel that it would make more sense to run it on the thigh so that I could dump the pouch quickly on left and come right up, grabbing the new mag. I am just starting to get into this so I really don't know why that would or wouldn't be a good way to run it. Please share your knowledge. Thank you.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Get into what? Intended use is...? For all the shooting I do, the ground works fine. There's a reason mags fall free when you push the button.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Get into what? Intended use is...? For all the shooting I do, the ground works fine. There's a reason mags fall free when you push the button.

Well, primarily for a WROL or SHTF situation. I'd hate to lose my mags if that ever happened. Till then, just for range use and I want to get into courses and competitions.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    SOE has one that folds up and velcros closed on your belt. You just lift the flap and it unfolds.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    The only reason you'd want a dump pouch is if you run Surefire mags. If your lucky to get one that works you def don't want to get dirt on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The only reason you'd want a dump pouch is if you run Surefire mags. If your lucky to get one that works you def don't want to get dirt on it

How in the world could you possibly know an only reason why OP would want one? Not quite sure about your statement on Surefire mags and definitely don't understand why you would care whether it gets dirt on it or not. We used dump pouches a lot in the military, with all kinds of mags, in the sand. They do serve a purpose but if its not your thing then its not your thing. To each their own.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Thanks for the responses, gentlemen. I feel like I will need one so please keep the advice on the fact that I AM getting one and would like to know if it matters which one and whatever els I posted. I would also like info on how I plan to run it.

"It's not a good idea to spend the time to keep an empty mag. It's useless and after the fight you can pick up your empty mags"

I stated my primary reason for needing this dump pouch and in that situation, I don't plan on coming back to the scene of battle to look for my mags. It would be a GREAT idea to keep my mags, if I still plan on using my firearms in that situation. I don't buy in to the "everything will be plentiful" and "take them off of dead bodies" junk. Thanks.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    How in the world could you possibly know an only reason why OP would want one? Not quite sure about your statement on Surefire mags and definitely don't understand why you would care whether it gets dirt on it or not. We used dump pouches a lot in the military, with all kinds of mags, in the sand. They do serve a purpose but if its not your thing then its not your thing. To each their own.
    It was a joke. If someone is lucky enough to get a Surefire mag that runs reliably. They wouldn't want to drop it in the dirt bc odds are they will be taking it apart while praying to the mag gods that they get all the dirt out so that their mag will run again.
    Thanks for the responses, gentlemen. I feel like I will need one so please keep the advice on the fact that I AM getting one and would like to know if it matters which one and whatever els I posted. I would also like info on how I plan to run it.

"It's not a good idea to spend the time to keep an empty mag. It's useless and after the fight you can pick up your empty mags"

I stated my primary reason for needing this dump pouch and in that situation, I don't plan on coming back to the scene of battle to look for my mags. It would be a GREAT idea to keep my mags, if I still plan on using my firearms in that situation. I don't buy in to the "everything will be plentiful" and "take them off of dead bodies" junk. Thanks.

I guess we're a little different in that I've got hundreds of mags for each caliber of my rifles so that I don't have to worry about that

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Friendswood, TX
    Get one with a closed top, otherwise when you go prone (for whatever reason) the mags will just fall back out. Also, the reason you don't wear it in the front is it has the potential to hit you in the nuts, when you go prone you have the potential to hit yourself in the nuts when you lay on it, it is like laying on a bunch of rocks, and because it will eventually hit you in the nuts. Even wearing it over the thigh is extremely uncomfortable because the dump pouch bounces up and down on your leg and there are a bunch of corners that like to poke you in the leg (and the nuts) and it hinders movement. Wear it over an ass cheek or hip on your weak hand side.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    51C5J7QlMrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    "I guess we're a little different in that I've got hundreds of mags for each caliber of my rifles so that I don't have to worry about that"

Damn right. I'm just getting started but thats a lot man. Not only that but hundreds aren't gonna help me out if I have to bug out. Thats the main concern.

"BigBoss"

Thank you for the helpful yet funny response. I think I'll take your advice and bout over my cheek on the week hand side. Also, I think I'll buy a tactical cup cause you make it seem like a common thing to get hit in the nuts.

"ZX9RCAM"

I'm gonna try those. HAHAHA

Top Bottom