• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I just found a 4 pack of bakelites in my closet. It also came with a cloth mag holder. I think they are E German since the only mark on them is a number on the bottom/side of the magazine. I am never getting into the 5.45 game so I want to sell these. What is a fair market price on the magazines?
    Military Camp

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    First post violates the rules.

Way to go.

Contribute content and get access to the classified or pay ten bucks to get immediate access and go buy them now.

Last edited:

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    First post violates the rules.

Way to go.

Contribute content and get access to the classified or pay ten bucks to get immediate access and go buy them now.

I disagree. The rules clearly state:
    "YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 25 POSTS TO PLACE AN AD IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION"
    For reference:
    https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/read-first-rules-for-posting-in-classified-sections.72214/

I don't see a limitation for those responding to a classified ad post - to do so would actually be placing a limitation on an old fart, like ourselves, trying to make a sell.

I believe you're free to make the purchase @dbldbldbl and I extend a friendly welcome to TGT to you. Please consider posting an intro thread in the Introductions area of the forum.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I believe you're free to make the purchase @dbldbldbl
    Technically, you're correct. However, he does not yet have PM privileges so he can't really arrange a sale the way he's trying to.

Also, one of the most obvious signs of a scammer is the desire to move sales discussions off the public board. Generally, we advise all members to proceed with extreme caution and never use payment services like Venmo or PayPal unless both parties are known to each other and have an established, trusting relationship.

I'm interested in the 4x East German bakes, and I'm semi-close to you. Can you please PM me? Thanks in advance!
    Just FYI, using your first post to make an end run around the normal sales procedures on this forum makes you look suspicious. Scammers work that way.

Now, you're probably a wonderful person whose membership on this board will come to be treasured by all who have contact with you.

But...you started wrong. Very wrong.

We'll all be interested in how this works out

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    @benenglish is much more eloquent than I, as usual.

These are in a classified ad. However this thread was one attempting to establish an opinion on value. My point was get access properly and buy them that way not skirt/violate the established rules/procedures.

Happy Sunday.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I disagree. The rules clearly state:
    "YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 25 POSTS TO PLACE AN AD IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION"
    For reference:
    https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/read-first-rules-for-posting-in-classified-sections.72214/

I don't see a limitation for those responding to a classified ad post - to do so would actually be placing a limitation on an old fart, like ourselves, trying to make a sell.

I believe you're free to make the purchase @dbldbldbl and I extend a friendly welcome to TGT to you. Please consider posting an intro thread in the Introductions area of the forum.
    Oops, double post. Sorry its early.

See my post above.

dbldbldbl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2022
    Montgomery Co, TX
    Hi gents. Apologies for the confusion, as I did not intend to ruffle any feathers. I can assure you I am definitely not a scammer. I'm just another new guy who didn't read the rules thoroughly.

I also didn't intend to circumvent any classified rules, and didn't even realize I was in the classifieds. I suppose I got a bit too excited about the bakes and jumped the gun.

Anyhow, it's nice to meet you all. I signed up as a supporter, since it looks like I'll be spending a lot of time lurking on this forum.

Top Bottom