• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    I've been a member for a few years now. I donate more than that every month to both the FPC and the GOA.

I've been a member of GOA for years and I donate regularly. If you are insinuating $30 is the best I can do, you don't know shit about my financial situation. I threw in thirty to get on the boat. If that's your idea of one-upping, you suck at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    As long as you owned the COMPLETE BRACED PISTOL before 1/31/2023 you have till 5/31/2023 to register it under the pistol brace rule.

Once approved it becomes an SBR. You can put a stock on it. It would already have an "SBR upper" on it, otherwise it wouldn't have been a braced pistol.\

You can't build something today and register it under the brace rule. But you could Form 1 it, pay $200, and wait for approval.

How would anyone know when it was purchased if bought privately?

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    If you weren't already a member of GOA and the FPC you're an idiot and someone who's willing to ride the coattails of those who are.
    I've been a member for a few years now. I donate more than that every month to both the FPC and the GOA.
    Congratulations on validating yourself while trying to demean others. Good job. Would you like a cookie? Some people don't need to tell others all the good deeds/contributions they do/give for social points but you do you. Most just do what they can and shut up about it.
    1685301504453.png

Last edited:

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Congratulations on validating yourself while trying to demean others. Good job. Would you like a cookie? Some people don't need to tell others all the good deeds/contributions they do/give for social points but you do you. Most just do what they can and shut up about it.
    View attachment 389392
    I dont wanna be that guy, but take a walk or drink some ice water dude.

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    It's all good, dude. I only point it out because it's been a recurring theme. No worries.

Your interpretation of what the guy said was spot on. His comments came off as if he was trying to disparage the people he quoted. If you weren't already a member of both organizations, you're an "idiot." He says he gives more money to both organizations on a monthly basis. Okay, so what was the point of that comment? Is this a dick measuring contest? Maybe he can clarify.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The rule dropped 1/13/2023 and you could submit applications starting on that date.

If ATF actually accepted applications prior final publication in the Federal Register, that’s a huge violation of the APA. Final Rules are not effective until published in the Federal Register and, when published, include an effective date in the front matter.

For Docket No. ATF 2021R–08F; AG Order No. 5589–2023, that is clearly stated in the Federal Register as

DATES:
    Effective date: This rule is effective January 31, 2023.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Is it too good to be true? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure enough to rely on my FPC membership card keeping me out of trouble with the ATF.

Excellent video, and my belief he is exactly on target!

While joining the FPC is noble, believing it automatically protects one from the ATF's ruling is likely fantasy.

It appears few bothered to read the fine print (usually we have @toddnjoyce to do so! ;)), and it's not the Godsend some thought it was!

So while being a member of FPC is still a very good thing, the smart money is on complying how you see fit.

As stated, we have less than 72 hours for this ruling to go into effect; and being it's the Memorial Day weekend, that really only gives us tomorrow and Wednesday for a Federal court to put an injunction on the pistol brace ruling.

It's possible, but I'm not sure I'd bet the farm on it! :eek:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …It appears few bothered to read the fine print (usually we have @toddnjoyce to do so!…
    He covers it well and I had better things to do over the weekend. My decision on what to do re: the final rule and things I may or may not possess has been made for a while now, but my concern isn’t about anyone else’s choice in that realm; it’s about how they will apply this going forward, which I believe is a minefield.

I’m waiting to see FATD address a non-braced AR pistol via open letter or classification because the CFR blurs the definition of what a rifle is so badly that ATF is now the only entity that can declare if something is a rifle or not.

Last edited:

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Your interpretation of what the guy said was spot on. His comments came off as if he was trying to disparage the people he quoted. If you weren't already a member of both organizations, you're an "idiot." He says he gives more money to both organizations on a monthly basis. Okay, so what was the point of that comment? Is this a dick measuring contest? Maybe he can clarify.

I'll stand by the fact that if you haven't been donating or joined both groups, you're an idiot. Who the hell do you think is actually fighting for your rights?

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    If ATF actually accepted applications prior final publication in the Federal Register, that’s a huge violation of the APA. Final Rules are not effective until published in the Federal Register and, when published, include an effective date in the front matter.

For Docket No. ATF 2021R–08F; AG Order No. 5589–2023, that is clearly stated in the Federal Register as

DATES:
    Effective date: This rule is effective January 31, 2023.

They did accept applications. I submitted 14 on 1/25/2023.

Maybe call the Justice Department and tell them you're smarter than their lawyers?

Top Bottom