• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Okay, I need some help here. I've read this entire thread and don't know any more than when I started. It seems like anything with a brace will be illegal according to the batfags. Is this true? Because I've got a strong itch for one of these:

Yeah, if it comes with a brace, it will be illegal. If it's imported, brace or no brace, ...banned. At least that's my understanding.
    ARJ Defense ad

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    People are already dumping them over on TGTer. I'd bet as the days and weeks go on leading up to this people are going to be just about giving them away to avoid the trouble and dealing with alternatives. Could be a good time to snatch up some deals.

Last edited:

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Only way to tell if you're legal is if your dog is still alive.....

Not sure that means much with those mother *******.

0A6F58AD-A4A1-411A-8E8A-1256E7BABC2E.jpeg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Well, the Armed Attorneys have a take...

Kind of disappointed in their response. They took great pains to let us know they were worried about YT demonetization to give a strait forward pollyanna reading of the topline considerations of the rule.

If you want to save the time, their suggestion is comply thru disassembly/destruction and don’t do the stamp because…pandora’s box.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Kind of disappointed in their response. They took great pains to let us know they were worried about YT demonetization to give a strait forward pollyanna reading of the topline considerations of the rule.

If you want to save the time, their suggestion is comply thru disassembly/destruction and don’t do the stamp because…pandora’s box.
    Thank you for the summary.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Okay, I need some help here. I've read this entire thread and don't know any more than when I started. It seems like anything with a brace will be illegal according to the batfags. Is this true? Because I've got a strong itch for one of these:

Glad we could be of service.

Rule is so vague almost anything could be classified as an SBR.

No expert, but I would be pretty certain that will be an SBR.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

Could another way of looking at their take be that "we can't really say it here, being attorneys on youtube and all, but don't comply..., and you shouldn't say that on social media either..."?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Could another way of looking at their take be that "we can't really say it here, being attorneys on youtube and all, but don't comply..., and you shouldn't say that on social media either..."?

That’s a fine opinion to have, just not mine. I don’t believe they added anything to the conversation other than get their name out there.

I’d prefer a real, long form facilitated discussion on this topic and not just throwing an algorithm optimized revenue generator out there. In today’s age, you’ve got to either be Ricky Bobby (if you’re not first you’re last) or you’ve got to do the deep dive it seems.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County

Agreed, They didn't say anything that hasn't already been said ad nauseum by multiple other channels thus far.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Bearing Arms blog; "The NRA is the 800-pound gorilla of the gun rights movement. While some are less than thrilled with the organization, the fact remains that it’s still the big dog on this side of the debate [about pistol braces]....Yet unless you saw what they said on Twitter, it’s easy to have missed the NRA’s response....The NRA also noted that the organization is preparing litigation on this matter. And really, they should be."

Attachments

• 5a51771e-17fe-497a-8d50-df5d97d5e8b2-860x475.jpg
      5a51771e-17fe-497a-8d50-df5d97d5e8b2-860x475.jpg
      61.4 KB · Views: 49

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    From the Bearing Arms blog; "The NRA is the 800-pound gorilla of the gun rights movement. While some are less than thrilled with the organization, the fact remains that it’s still the big dog on this side of the debate [about pistol braces]....Yet unless you saw what they said on Twitter, it’s easy to have missed the NRA’s response....The NRA also noted that the organization is preparing litigation on this matter. And really, they should be."
    1. .....if bump stocks are any indication, I wouldn't put too much faith in the "800lb Gorilla" that likes hiding in the corner taking donations for WLP's extravagances until they can take credit for a victory that someone else won.

2. Prove me wrong, NRA.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    From the horse's mouth...

This is quite literally the same weboage that everyone had linked to for a week+ now. See the blue button that says “Final Rule”. The hyperlink under that button is what leads to the 293-page document I (and others) have linked to.

And it’s unchanged from the Friday before SHOT show.

Top Bottom