• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Can you imagine if you had to pay a tax to exercise your other Constitutional Rights.

Ohhh... you want to cus to exercise your freedom of speech? Pay a $200 tax stamp

You want to be a Catholic.... pay a $200 tax stamp.

It's all an infringement on your rights & complying keeps them going after more & more of your rights.

Technically, under half the population pay federal taxes that fund the federal executive and judicial branches, without which we could not exercise our Fourth thru Eighth Amendment rights.
    Target Sports

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    What's dickish about it? This rule waseffective on January 31, 2023, the date it was published in the Federal Register and provided for a 120-day period to comply by whatever means was chosen. It's about the only thing ATF did not **** up in interpreting.
    View attachment 386970

This is where I think King George screwed up in April of 1775. He should have published his intent in a "federal register".

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Technically, under half the population pay federal taxes that fund the federal executive and judicial branches, without which we could not exercise our Fourth thru Eighth Amendment rights.

I wish that were true. If SCOTUS don't want to hear the case they can throw it out. The system does more bad than good sometimes.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Your rights are dependent upon state?

No, exercising my 4A thru 8A rights requires a government. I pay a federal income tax that funds a government that requires me to have enumerated rights to protect me from that government abusing it’s near unlimited power. The federal government can compel me to do many things, but it cannot compel me to incriminate myself, though it will try.

Without that tax revenue, the federal government would not have the funds necessary for a sprawling machine with the authority to investigate me for anything it wants, take my words out of context, and imprison me.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Pretty much the same here. I used an online website for the passport style photo. 5 days left if you want to use Silencer Shop. I used the ATF website.

I just stood against a white wall and took a selfie. The selfie camera on my phone is pretty damn good.

I've used my phone to take headshots of the six people I've helped here at the house, everyone else just took a picture with their phone.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    EF67341B-55A5-4E64-8AE2-8A488642A2A2.jpeg

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    So, simply removing the brace makes it legal?

Sure have heard different early on.
    Yes. What is confusing is that ATF testified to Congress that the brace could be removed and stored in another location which conflicts slighty from the FAQ which states that the brace should be altered so that it can't be reattached. The alteration does not make sense because the brace is not illegal to own and is not regulated. Either way removing the brace makes it a legal pistol. From the FAQ.

What are the compliance options for Government entities in possession of firearms equipped with a “stabilizing brace,” which is an SBR, after the effective date of the final rule?

• Submit through eForms system an Application to Make and Register a Firearm, ATF Form 1 (E-Form 1) before May 31, 2023.

• A government entity may submit through the eForms system an Application for Registration of Firearms acquired by Certain Governmental Entities, Form 10 before May 31, 2023.

Permanently remove or alter the “stabilizing brace” so that is cannot be reattached and thereby removing it from regulation as a “firearm” under the NFA.

• Remove the short barrel and attach a 16-inch or longer rifled barrel to the firearm thus removing it from the provisions of the NFA. • Turn the firearm into your local ATF office.

• Destroy the firearm. For more information go to How to Properly Destroy Firearms | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (atf.gov).

Last edited:

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Top Bottom