• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    oh man ive been completely out of the loop here... so pistol braced rifle platforms are now illegal if you dont NFA stamp them as an SBR? jesus christ
    Not yet. ATF decision is pending, and it will likely be in litigation for quite some time after they try to make it official.
    ARJ Defense ad

RoundRockRed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Round Rock, TX.
    The way the ATF is losing it's authority to make arbitrary laws, I am not really worried about this one. Bruin was a godsend in peeling back ATF overreach. California and Illinois are losing their BS laws on assault rifles, magazine capacity, ammunition sales, concealed carry, and more.
    The ATF will likely not be able to give an augment that their frame/receiver bans are legal in light of Bruin, and pistol braces will be in the same boat. It's amazing when the supreems are doing their jobs, instead of playing activist.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Todd may want to address this as I do not have a complete grasp of venue shopping at the federal level. Per Maverick's point about a competent Judge, I give you U.S. District Judge Mark Pittman. A red neck from Midland. If his court is a proper venue, that's it.

Here4TheChix

All the things...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2022
    Smith County
    I thought the final rule was to be in Dec, which gives owners months of time after that to decide what to do with them, last I heard...
    before it goes into effect.

Someone I know got their 80% with the jig, after the ATF got their regulations blocked,
    so who knows if this brace-crapola will get blocked also...

I wonder if everything the ATF is doing can be nullified with the fact that everything they want to do, is already owned, and in "common-use"...

Additionally:

So it does appear Dec 2022 the final ATF ideas should drop, then will take effect Apr 2023, allowing for 4 months to make a choice, providing that they don't get this brace-rule crushed before that, due to the recent WV vs. EPA, AND the Bruen decision.

Last edited:

JamesFinTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2020
    I thought the final rule was to be in Dec, which gives owners months of time after that to decide what to do with them, last I heard...
    before it goes into effect.

Someone I know got their 80% with the jig, after the ATF got their regulations blocked,
    so who knows if this brace-crapola will get blocked also...

I wonder if everything the ATF is doing can be nullified with the fact that everything they want to do, is already owned, and in "common-use"...

Additionally:

So it does appear Dec 2022 the final ATF ideas should drop, then will take effect Apr 2023, allowing for 4 months to make a choice, providing that they don't get this brace-rule crushed before that, due to the recent WV vs. EPA, AND the Bruen decision.

These video are extremely helpful to understand the complexity of the proposed rule. Thank you!

Reactions: gll

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I read that it would go in to effect 120 days after the rule was published, so maybe that is pushed back too. Or maybe not, can't trust anything the ATF says.
    Correct. Does anyone know if the rule has been published yet?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    The amount of law suits filed should be massive. They (GOA, 2AF, FPC, et al) are just waiting for the rule to drop before filing. I wonder if the NRA will do anything.

Reactions: gll

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The amount of law suits filed should be massive. They (GOA, 2AF, FPC, et al) are just waiting for the rule to drop before filing. I wonder if the NRA will do anything.
    Remember the NY Safe ACT?
    Yeah..

The great majority of the guns that were targeted for registration never were because fuk them thats why

Why should it not be any different anywhere else?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom