• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Don't think we have a thread yet for these, so here we go... Pic #1 my faxon pencil barreled lightweight w/jcomp v2. Still not sure whether to go AFG or handstop on this one. Just light enough to one hand it in a pinch. This is my only P&W'd AR but I could see more in my future if I don't go all out suppressed
    pw'd 002.JPG
    SBR soon.

PeoplePhobic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2020
    Longview
    I'm contemplating doing this to one of my rifles to hopefully make it compliant when I move to a restricted state so I don't have to sell it. About how much should one expect to pay to have this done?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Looking for in a new handguard that doesn’t burn the shit out of my hands after firing 5 rounds...

Modern Carbine MC5 with MC6 internals, 10.3 barrel with a Griffin Recce 5 pinned/welded for a 16” barrel length.

71d6ffc406ea69228a85e991b1d02961.jpg
    5de10b014b84a50739cfdbb83dec1934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Have you tried shooting gloves?

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    @people...faxon sells them factory direct with a few options that allow a change in gas block later. I opted to make my own which is not for the faint of heart. Lots of precise drilling, torquing and timing the muzzle device. Technically it's legal to possess a short barrel if you have a pistol lower. It's only when you snap it onto a rifle lower that you have an sbr.

Slick looking guns gentlemen. I especially like pronstars setup. Looks like something out of a movie.

PeoplePhobic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2020
    Longview
    @people...faxon sells them factory direct with a few options that allow a change in gas block later. I opted to make my own which is not for the faint of heart. Lots of precise drilling, torquing and timing the muzzle device. Technically it's legal to possess a short barrel if you have a pistol lower. It's only when you snap it onto a rifle lower that you have an sbr.

Slick looking guns gentlemen. I especially like pronstars setup. Looks like something out of a movie.

I would be wanting to do it to an IWI X95, not an AR. If I understand the NYSAFEACT (and that's a big if because it's really vague) If I get rid of the birdcage and/or pin a fake one to it and put some stupid grip fin thing on it I could possibly still have a detachable 10 rd magazine. I paid like 2600 for it and they only go for like 1700 now. If there would be any way for me to keep it instead of immediately losing at least $900 trying to sell it that would be of great interest to me. Also, it's my favorite rifle.

Luigimoto

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Tejas
    I had a tavor. The short one has a 16 inch barrel. I’m pretty sure it has no NFA issues. You don’t have to pin it. Unless you are trying to go shorter. I traded mine for an aero 300 blackout pistol. Guy came out ahead but I was happy to be rid of it. I never got used to it and much prefer a short barreled AR. Sorry mine was the SAR. Not sure about the X95.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    To be a rifle and not an NFA limited SBR, the barrel of a rifle has to be 16”. If you pin & weld the muzzle device so it can’t be removed, they measure it as part of the barrel.

It’s a way to save an inch of length or so on a rifle without it qualifying as an SBR.
    Thank you sir

PeoplePhobic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2020
    Longview
    I had a tavor. The short one has a 16 inch barrel. I’m pretty sure it has no NFA issues. You don’t have to pin it. Unless you are trying to go shorter. I traded mine for an aero 300 blackout pistol. Guy came out ahead but I was happy to be rid of it. I never got used to it and much prefer a short barreled AR. Sorry mine was the SAR. Not sure about the X95.

For NY I would need to get rid of the threaded barrel on it and it also cannot have a flash hider or a brake so it would be done in the hopes of making it compliant with their bullshit.

PeoplePhobic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2020
    Longview
    Looking for in a new handguard that doesn’t burn the shit out of my hands after firing 5 rounds...

Modern Carbine MC5 with MC6 internals, 10.3 barrel with a Griffin Recce 5 pinned/welded for a 16” barrel length.

It's my understanding that suppressors get hotter than barrels so maybe go with a shorter handguard. Then maybe not as much heat will transfer to it. You can get one of those nylon covers over the suppressor so you won't get burned from it and it should help with mirage and stuff. I always grab the magwell on an AR unless I'm messing with a flashlight so I dunno. Seeing where your m-lok covers are I think you can probably go a little shorter.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    LOL! It’s staying put on my Ghetto Blaster.

I’m now looking for two optics to replace the ones I sold

What optics are you thinking of next?
    What caliber is the rifle?
    Where can I get a "Killery" behind bars mag?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    It's my understanding that suppressors get hotter than barrels so maybe go with a shorter handguard. Then maybe not as much heat will transfer to it. You can get one of those nylon covers over the suppressor so you won't get burned from it and it should help with mirage and stuff. I always grab the magwell on an AR unless I'm messing with a flashlight so I dunno. Seeing where your m-lok covers are I think you can probably go a little shorter.

I found a 10.5” Midwest handguard in stock yesterday, 1.75” ID designed to slip over a can

Top Bottom