Pinned and welded picture thread

TexMex247

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
May 11, 2009
Leander(NW Austin)
Don't think we have a thread yet for these, so here we go... Pic #1 my faxon pencil barreled lightweight w/jcomp v2. Still not sure whether to go AFG or handstop on this one. Just light enough to one hand it in a pinch. This is my only P&W'd AR but I could see more in my future if I don't go all out suppressed
pw'd 002.JPG
SBR soon.

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
Looking for in a new handguard that doesn’t burn the shit out of my hands after firing 5 rounds...

Modern Carbine MC5 with MC6 internals, 10.3 barrel with a Griffin Recce 5 pinned/welded for a 16” barrel length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PeoplePhobic

Sep 28, 2020
Longview
I'm contemplating doing this to one of my rifles to hopefully make it compliant when I move to a restricted state so I don't have to sell it. About how much should one expect to pay to have this done?

baboon

TGT Addict
May 6, 2008
In a dumpy house on an expensive lot
Looking for in a new handguard that doesn’t burn the shit out of my hands after firing 5 rounds...

Modern Carbine MC5 with MC6 internals, 10.3 barrel with a Griffin Recce 5 pinned/welded for a 16” barrel length.

Have you tried shooting gloves?

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
Have you tried shooting gloves?
Yeah but I’d love to have the option of not wearing oven mitts every time I want to shoot with this rifle.

TexMex247

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
May 11, 2009
Leander(NW Austin)
@people...faxon sells them factory direct with a few options that allow a change in gas block later. I opted to make my own which is not for the faint of heart. Lots of precise drilling, torquing and timing the muzzle device. Technically it's legal to possess a short barrel if you have a pistol lower. It's only when you snap it onto a rifle lower that you have an sbr.

Slick looking guns gentlemen. I especially like pronstars setup. Looks like something out of a movie.

PeoplePhobic

Sep 28, 2020
Longview
@people...faxon sells them factory direct with a few options that allow a change in gas block later. I opted to make my own which is not for the faint of heart. Lots of precise drilling, torquing and timing the muzzle device. Technically it's legal to possess a short barrel if you have a pistol lower. It's only when you snap it onto a rifle lower that you have an sbr.

Slick looking guns gentlemen. I especially like pronstars setup. Looks like something out of a movie.
I would be wanting to do it to an IWI X95, not an AR. If I understand the NYSAFEACT (and that's a big if because it's really vague) If I get rid of the birdcage and/or pin a fake one to it and put some stupid grip fin thing on it I could possibly still have a detachable 10 rd magazine. I paid like 2600 for it and they only go for like 1700 now. If there would be any way for me to keep it instead of immediately losing at least $900 trying to sell it that would be of great interest to me. Also, it's my favorite rifle.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members