Patriot Mobile

Phucked around and found out thread. Stories of dirtbags doing dirtbag things and taking dirtnaps or finding out the reward isnt as they thought.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …If you're gonna run from the cops, at least be smart enough to run someplace where the cop cars can't follow….
    That doesn’t always work out either. This happened last week over here in SAT.

When I heard it on the morning news, I did this
    giphy.gif

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Thieves deserve to get shot.

But this is gonna be a tough one to justify based on my understanding of the law.
    Sec. 30.02. BURGLARY. ( a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner, the person: (1) enters a habitation, or a building (or any portion of a building) not then open to the public, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault;

By my reckoning, the cash register area is not “open to the public”

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
    (1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
    (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
    (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
    (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
    (3) he reasonably believes that:
    (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
    (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    And here I thought the only people dumb enough to run from larger, faster things by staying in the places where those things could catch them were characters in Hollywood movies, generally running in a straight line to get away from monsters. But here we are, in real life, and this guy was dumb enough to continue to run around in an empty parking lot while he was being pursued by cop cars. At one point, he was about to run out of the parking lot over some concrete curbs between a couple of telephone poles and past some trash cans. That stuff would have at least slowed his pursuers but did he do that? No, he curved around and deliberately stayed on the lot where he could remain a target.

If you're gonna run from the cops, at least be smart enough to run someplace where the cop cars can't follow.

Good Lord! Some criminals are so stupid it beggars description. I don't think I've ever seen a facepalm meme sufficiently strong as to accurately represent this idiocy.
    I figure home slice had a Glock device and figured he could Hollyweird his ass out of it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That doesn’t always work out either. This happened last week over here in SAT.

When I heard it on the morning news, I did this
    giphy.gif
    Many years ago I was in Mombasa Trading to pick up a Microtech knife. Traffic really sucked ass getting there.

The owner was tight with a Sugarland cop he went to school with. He was on scene of some tard dashing across 59 south to evade the law. The cops comments were he couldn’t believe someone that stupid brains could grease so much highway.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    IMO.. I would say..murder. You don't shoot someone in the back while running away from you.

Some would say that if the perp is running and all you have is his back, then shoot him in the leg. From the angle of the gun, he wasn't shooting low, for the legs to stop the perp, but shooting to kill.

Never, ever, ever 'shoot to wound'. Not only is it much harder to hit a limb than a torso, the limbs have just as many vital arteries in them as any other part of the body. And if you're successful, then it's not self defense because if you had the luxury of "shooting to wound" then your life must not have been in danger.

Also, don't ever "shoot to kill", that implies premeditated intent.

Shoot to end the threat. That's all. Shoot center mass until you are no longer in danger. And yes, that means if the attacker is running away it's unlikely that you were shooting in self defense anymore...unless he was turning to fire back at you.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Never, ever, ever 'shoot to wound'. Not only is it much harder to hit a limb than a torso, the limbs have just as many vital arteries in them as any other part of the body. And if you're successful, then it's not self defense because if you had the luxury of "shooting to wound" then your life must not have been in danger.

Also, don't ever "shoot to kill", that implies premeditated intent.

Shoot to end the threat. That's all. Shoot center mass until you are no longer in danger. And yes, that means if the attacker is running away it's unlikely that you were shooting in self defense anymore...unless he was turning to fire back at you.
    What was shown in the video, the perp was un-armed and was running away. So he did not pose a threat. I believe the shooter had time to stop, aim below the waste (sic) and keep the perp from escaping.

If the shooter couldn't hit a limb, IE..arm or leg, from 10 - 15 yards he needs more range time.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If the shooter couldn't hit a limb, IE..arm or leg, from 10 - 15 yards he needs more range time.
    There's a lot going on during a shooting. Hitting a moving target that small at that distance while under stress and a serious time crunch is far easier said than done. I'll echo General Zod's sentiments. If you have the luxury to shoot them in the leg, then your life probably wasn't in immediate danger. It would be hard to justify that shoot. Shoot them center of mass, or don't shoot them. That'll hopefully keep you out of prison.

As far as the shooting in the leg thing, I wouldn't recommend it. There's a good chance they'll bleed out long before the ambulance even gets there.

arteries-and-veins-of-the-leg.jpg

Top Bottom