• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I used to use elements back in the day. Gave up web design in the early 2000’s.

I will use my wife’s iMac for a while then get my own.

I got everything I needed except memory cards. Completely forgot when I ordered all my filters and hood.

I can say the step up to the subscription based photoshop definitely adds a lot of features. The only real drawback is that it doesn’t hold your hand nearly as much as elements. The UI is geared a lot more towards someone who spends enough time editing to really learn the program.

It does have a pretty good help feature and built in tutorials. Plus there’s YT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Once I start playing with it I’ll upload samples. I also want to scan my dads old pictures of our adventures and share those with y’all.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Did some playing around with my telephoto lens. Camera on manual. Not much range with the fstop. Iso a bit high for the day at 320. Shutter 1/250 for the wind. No post editing.
    0-FF45-AA2-0454-4-F0-F-A0-E8-245-AE558-AF1-A.jpg

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Interesting. With bright sun and an iso of 320, I would expect the exposure to be 1/320 second at f16. Or 1/250 at about f20 or so. Are you using live view to see what the image will look like?

Looks like this was taken between 10 and 2 based on the shadows.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Interesting. With bright sun and an iso of 320, I would expect the exposure to be 1/320 second at f16. Or 1/250 at about f20 or so. Are you using live view to see what the image will look like?

Looks like this was taken between 10 and 2 based on the shadows.
    Not using live view. Z50 on manual and I’ll have to see how much I have turned off again but my camera is set to as manual as it can get. I just use my view finder. Time of day was 5:30pm or so. Filter used was a 20 dollar Maybe 98 percent uv.

I’m trying to get better about good raw pictures that may only need some highlights adjusted.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    This blue flower is actually a weed and is about the size of a dime. Taken with a 600 watt second flash and beauty dish coming from 45˚ behind.
    Blue flower-weed.jpg

These next two are new oak leaves the first hasn't turned totally green and the second is green.
    As usual (like 90% of my work) a tripod was used.
    New Oak turning to green2.jpg

It's not accepting the last one for some reason

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    What do you guys like to adjust in post editing? So far I’m seeing improvements with highlight and shadow changes. But overall I’m happy with the z50’s image quality.

Top Bottom