• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Sue a power company to bankruptcy due to causing fires.

Next, sue them for turning the power off in attempt to prevent fires.

May God have mercy on the sole of the individual that has passed. Let this be a lesson in self responsibility. If the feller couldn't make it to his battery backup in time, maybe he should have kept it closer.

PG&E is the scapegoat of years of failed land management from the state of California. I witnessed this first hand 10 or so years ago in far northern Minnesota when vast forest burned due to blow down from years prior storms. I personally cut through state forest with impassable dry brush fueled with 100 year old white pine. Removing it was a capitalist scorn to the earth. When it all burned they asked "how could this happen"

I'll be the first inline to say what is going on in California on 10.11.2019 should raise everyone's eyebrows. Please be safe and be prepared.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin

May God have mercy on the sole of the individual that has passed. Let this be a lesson in self responsibility. If the feller couldn't make it to his battery backup in time, maybe he should have kept it closer.

PG&E is the scapegoat of years of failed land management from the state of California. I witnessed this first hand 10 or so years ago in far northern Minnesota when vast forest burned due to blow down from years prior storms. I personally cut through state forest with impassable dry brush fueled with 100 year old white pine. Removing it was a capitalist scorn to the earth. When it all burned they asked "how could this happen"

I'll be the first inline to say what is going on in California on 10.11.2019 should raise everyone's eyebrows. Please be safe and be prepared.

PG&E still has some 'splaining to do........they will get sued

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Of course they'll be sued.
    I'm sure they planned his death a few months ago.
    Probably sent letter and flyers to him. Begging him not to prepare for any power outages in the Santa Barbara winds season.

Damn.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Of course they'll be sued.
    I'm sure they planned his death a few months ago.
    Probably sent letter and flyers to him. Begging him not to prepare for any power outages in the Santa Barbara winds season.

Damn.
    lol...get out...you might have power failure....we are not responsible.....

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I do not disagree. I am not trying to point fingers or pick fights. They were required to give 24 hours notice prior to disconnect. If that was the case, whose fault is it to not be ready at 3:40 in the morning.

I have also heard that in some cases the disconnect warning was less than 6 hours. At this point going forward, anybody serviced by them should have contingency plans in place.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston

Not only that, but the Greenies in CA have stopped them from building any new plants. And prevented them from clearing trees away from the power lines. These same Greenies will probably sue because PG&E power cuts meant they lost WiFi in their favorite coffee spot.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I work in the home respiratory business. When we set a patient up on O2 we educate them that in case of hurricane or any power outage, have a back up plan. We also provide a back up supply of O2 for the patient to use in place or to get to another location.
    The article said he was wearing a nasal cannula and hooked up to a PPAP machine. A PPAP does not provide O2 and does not use a nasal cannula. And the guy died within 12 minutes? Sensational "journalism" at it's best.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Why is it that someone else always has to “responsible”.

Way I grew up, it was be prepared, because stuff happens.

The way I look at it, if you’re dependent on medical devices to live, then you’re the one responsible for making sure you have the power necessary to survive because, well, blackouts have occurred pretty much since the beginning of electrification.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    PG&E is like

giphy.gif

Honestly, I think this is all on California and their ridiculous environmental laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    No guarantee you'll have electricity for storms, major accidents, etc. If this were a true story and the person was that dependent, they'd have a backup power source or emergency plan. At my last residence of 20 years it was not unusual to lose electricity for several hours multiple times per year due to storms. An ice storm the evening of Dec 25, 2000 knocked out most of the county for 5 days.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No guarantee you'll have electricity for storms, major accidents, etc. If this were a true story and the person was that dependent, they'd have a backup power source or emergency plan. At my last residence of 20 years it was not unusual to lose electricity for several hours multiple times per year due to storms. An ice storm the evening of Dec 25, 2000 knocked out most of the county for 5 days.

Yep.
    No reason not to have a back up generator with a transfer switch.

Hell, I have power outages several times a year myself.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Let’s turn the power out...what could possibly go wrong?

b2abc0d92b6da73f252f37b2bdf5a34d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• b2abc0d92b6da73f252f37b2bdf5a34d.jpg
      b2abc0d92b6da73f252f37b2bdf5a34d.jpg
      169.5 KB · Views: 302

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg

Agreed. That genius Gavin Newsom is blaming PG&E for not having "weather Proof equipment" Not sure what that means, but I know they are not allowed to cut trees and brush as it will be an environmental issue. I guess wild fires are not environmental issues?

Top Bottom