• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My wife got 4.5 months, then took a few weeks extra using vacation time.

We didn’t ask for it…didn’t have to. That’s the policy and who are we to argue?

She also got a fat bonus (25%of her base salary!) two weeks before leaving…we think it was a “please come back” gift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    We went to 4 months a couple years ago. Just recently announced new benefits of which I will never be able to enjoy, yet we can’t seem to retain top talent in high demand so we are literally going to just throw buckets of money at certain people for retention and new hires in those spaces.

CEO also announced a completely anonymous comp & benefits survey coming soon since they took our best benefit (age-based 401K kicker…my age group maxed out at 9% of annual base on top of the 1:1 match for 8%) and replaced it with a 3% contribution to a T-bill backed savings account that can be annuitized.

I’ve literally taken advantage of 1 benefit in my five years, opting to get a pro cert paid for a couple years ago. Not a single other benefit am I either eligible for or can take advantage of.

Now our new employees are screaming for student loan payoff plus 401K match. I’ll fûcking burn the place to the ground if that happens…fûcking freeloading communist cocksuckers.
    So how do you really feel?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    1634437359800.png

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    CEO also announced a completely anonymous comp & benefits survey coming soon since they took our best benefit (age-based 401K kicker…my age group maxed out at 9% of annual base on top of the 1:1 match for 8%) and replaced it with a 3% contribution to a T-bill backed savings account that can be annuitized.
    Wowwwww. And now the Democrats are trying to severely limit / eliminate the additional after tax 401k contributions. How lovely.

Now our new employees are screaming for student loan payoff plus 401K match. I’ll fûcking burn the place to the ground if that happens…fûcking freeloading communist cocksuckers

So I paid off my (rather small) student loan earlier this year. Only to join my new company and find out that they offer a student loan assistance program. Oops. At least the loan is gone.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    My wife got 4.5 months, then took a few weeks extra using vacation time.

We didn’t ask for it…didn’t have to. That’s the policy and who are we to argue?

I’m certainly not going to begrudge anyone taking a benefit that is offered. That is part of their comp. Unfortunately salary is factored by total compensation of benefits and the company will point to that. Those that aren’t going to be able to take advantage of it are missing out. It’d be nice if we could acquire some additional time off or a bonus of sorts in lieu of that.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    This is the same person who complained (on $210,000 salary) that they could not find safe, affordable, housing in D.C. to in. I guess know the couple can't hire an illegal for less than minimum wage without the risk of getting caught.

Fletcherjl

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    I only requested 2 days off when my newest addition was born 2 weeks ago. Boss just has me take the whole week. I was happy with it. I guess I'm not understanding something.......

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I heard they had to do a C section on old Pete...maybe he is healing up ?

The conception was also rough on him,,, how rough you ask? if he was a dinosaur, he would be Megasoreass.

Kidding asside..He has taken a real pounding lately on this...that's why he has been hiding out at his penal colony.
    They did ask him about the mandate and he said "Thats how I met my husband!"
    I do feel bad for the kid tho... can you imagine all the dad jokes? and one thing that will never be heard around the house is..."Ask you mother"

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    We went to 4 months a couple years ago. Just recently announced new benefits of which I will never be able to enjoy, yet we can’t seem to retain top talent in high demand so we are literally going to just throw buckets of money at certain people for retention and new hires in those spaces.

I’ve literally taken advantage of 1 benefit in my five years, opting to get a pro cert paid for a couple years ago. Not a single other benefit am I either eligible for or can take advantage of.

Now our new employees are screaming for student loan payoff plus 401K match. I’ll fûcking burn the place to the ground if that happens…fûcking freeloading communist cocksuckers.
    Don't you get some company money you can donate to charities? I thought I heard that.

Also, 17% 401k to T-bill backed savings thing? LOL.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Don't you get some company money you can donate to charities? I thought I heard that.

Also, 17% 401k to T-bill backed savings thing? LOL.

Company offers(ed?) a match up to a limit on charitable contributions made through our benevity (501c3 aggregator) portal. There used to be (and maybe still is) some qualifying things the employee has to do to get that match.

I’ll look at the details again tomorrow.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Have they figured out how to chest feed the poor child yet?
    Well, it seems that the young child was having fits in the newborn recovery ward and wouldn't stop crying. They tried everything they could think of to calm the poor baby down but nothing worked until one nurse suddenly took the pacifier he refused to suckle and stuck in his rear end instead.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I’m certainly not going to begrudge anyone taking a benefit that is offered. That is part of their comp. Unfortunately salary is factored by total compensation of benefits and the company will point to that. Those that aren’t going to be able to take advantage of it are missing out. It’d be nice if we could acquire some additional time off or a bonus of sorts in lieu of that.
    Yeah like she’s off today with a sick kid so I need you to work a double, but when I call in sick you need a doctors excuse!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom