Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Fûcking gay communist benefit. Among my most hated benefits programs. I hate it with a passion.

My former company gave us 1 day off for paternity leave. Pretty much the day your kid was born. You had to take vacation for anything else.

That's what I did for my first. Took a couple weeks off overall after banking vacation knowing I had a kid coming.

Second kid was born when I was at a different company and they gave me 3 weeks paternity.

Come back to my original company a few years later and they extended it to 4 MONTHS. Which of course I didn't get to take advantage of because I'm not popping out more kids for time off.

People at my current company are now whining because we aren't giving 6 MONTHS like some other companies are. "BUT HOOOOWWW can we stay competitive?"

If you want that much time off, just quit your damn job or take unpaid leave. I'd love to see how much this benefit drags down salaries.

Somehow my kids are well adjusted with me only "bonding" with them a few weeks.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My former company gave us 1 day off for paternity leave. Pretty much the day your kid was born. You had to take vacation for anything else.

That's what I did for my first. Took a couple weeks off overall after banking vacation knowing I had a kid coming.

Second kid was born when I was at a different company and they gave me 3 weeks paternity.

Come back to my original company a few years later and they extended it to 4 MONTHS. Which of course I didn't get to take advantage of because I'm not popping out more kids for time off.

People at my current company are now whining because we aren't giving 6 MONTHS like some other companies are. "BUT HOOOOWWW can we stay competitive?"

If you want that much time off, just quit your damn job or take unpaid leave. I'd love to see how much this benefit drags down salaries.

Somehow my kids are well adjusted with me only "bonding" with them a few weeks.
    I'm thinking with the current state of the mentality and stupidity of the younger generations, all this "paternity" leave time off, for "bonding" ain't working so great!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …People at my current company are now whining because we aren't giving 6 MONTHS like some other companies are. "BUT HOOOOWWW can we stay competitive?"
    We went to 4 months a couple years ago. Just recently announced new benefits of which I will never be able to enjoy, yet we can’t seem to retain top talent in high demand so we are literally going to just throw buckets of money at certain people for retention and new hires in those spaces.

CEO also announced a completely anonymous comp & benefits survey coming soon since they took our best benefit (age-based 401K kicker…my age group maxed out at 9% of annual base on top of the 1:1 match for 8%) and replaced it with a 3% contribution to a T-bill backed savings account that can be annuitized.

I’ve literally taken advantage of 1 benefit in my five years, opting to get a pro cert paid for a couple years ago. Not a single other benefit am I either eligible for or can take advantage of.

Now our new employees are screaming for student loan payoff plus 401K match. I’ll fûcking burn the place to the ground if that happens…fûcking freeloading communist cocksuckers.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    You (man or woman) demand months and months off because you have a new born?

What kind of 'entitled bs' is that?

Penis Butt-Plug you're not.

Months and months off - Bwahahahaha, start looking for a new job mommie commie...

Why not have 'serial babies' and then my company can support you until menopause while you only work a few months a year until once again you're pregnant...nice racket for 'birthing people'.

Not on my watch.

My company's name is not: "Freeloaders Welcome Here"

I had a 'new born' once.

I not only had no time off - I didn't expect any and we (I actually had a biological female wife - hence we could reproduce) did just fine.

OK, I don't own a company.

I'm retired and have been for decades, but if I did, the above is what I'd do...now, get off my lawn ya freeloading no good for nothing s.o.b...or just b. if that's mo correct-ter.

Top Bottom