• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I'd check city ordinances.. if you're inside a city limit it's probably illegal unless you have a specific exemption or license to do so. And again, your homeowners insurance will absolutely say no.

Homeowners says fine with certain caveats. Still trying to find out what is needed for the city a permit a license or what.
    Target Sports

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Don't buy into the bullshit that says you can't shoot inside any city limits in Texas! It's up to the city. Check with city ordinances, not from what others say about "their" city. For example, there is NO ordinance that keeps one from shooting in the city limits of Kerrville. There are ordinances against having the bullet leave you property, etc. It all depends on where you live and what their ordinances are.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    My apologies if not posting in the correct area.

I am in DFW area. Currently within the City Limits of lewisville.

I have the room, as well as no HOA to worry about to build my own personal indoor shooting range.

My questions are the legality of building such a range. Ie the Legal issues.

There are several indoor commercial shooting ranges that are open to the public within the city limits of Lewisville. So there is some Legal means to have at least an indoor shooting range with in the City limits of lewisville.

I do have an adequate basement, or i can build one above ground. Noise would not be an issue, nor would there be any chance of stray bullets leaving the confines of the shooting range.

The only people who would be shooting is family members that live at the same address and friends I would invite over.

Does anyone have their own personal indoor shooting range with in any city limits of a Texas town or city?
    If you are looking for a system to fire a pistol there is a dry firm system from iTarget. This uses a laser bullet and a target that is set up with your phone camera. The camera records the laser strike, has sound, and phone records it to email. Sound then is no problem and it costs around $80 and may be available at Walmart.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 42.12. Discharge of Firearm in Certain Municipalities

(a) A person commits an offense if the person recklessly discharges a firearm inside the corporate limits of a municipality having a population of 100,000 or more.

(b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

(c) If conduct constituting an offense under this section also constitutes an offense under another section of this code, the person may be prosecuted under either section.

(d) Subsection (a) does not affect the authority of a municipality to enact an ordinance which prohibits the discharge of a firearm.

Lewisville Population: 104,659 (2016)

Don't do it.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Just don't give up. When you do, you lose everything else, bit by bit. Lawyers can be good, weird, dumb, smart, etc., just like everybody else. What's written in that statute, law, whatever, is very clear and plain English.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    In the area I live in North of Kerrville (out of the city limits), there is a rule in the covenants of the subdivision that states hunting is not allowed. Fair enough, dwellings are too close together for that. But, hunting and eradication are two different things. :green:

Top Bottom