• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    My apologies if not posting in the correct area.

I am in DFW area. Currently within the City Limits of lewisville.

I have the room, as well as no HOA to worry about to build my own personal indoor shooting range.

My questions are the legality of building such a range. Ie the Legal issues.

There are several indoor commercial shooting ranges that are open to the public within the city limits of Lewisville. So there is some Legal means to have at least an indoor shooting range with in the City limits of lewisville.

I do have an adequate basement, or i can build one above ground. Noise would not be an issue, nor would there be any chance of stray bullets leaving the confines of the shooting range.

The only people who would be shooting is family members that live at the same address and friends I would invite over.

Does anyone have their own personal indoor shooting range with in any city limits of a Texas town or city?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Without a doubt, there are some good HOAs and they can be helpful. As long as they are run correctly and don't act like nazis they can be beneficial. But sometimes the "officials" of the HOA lose their mind over a little power.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    There is a range north or fort worth that uses something very similar to the buried cargo container. The bass pro in grapevine has you shooting into a tube.

I wanted to set up a 5 or 7 yard .22 range in my garage in the burbs. With a can there is no reason it wouldn't work. I scuttled the idea when the real dangers of lead vapors / particulate were discovered with little kids in the house.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I can't imagine how loud that would be.
    Throw some of that cheap outdoor carpet on the inside, once you knock down the smooth can surface on the I side with soft material it will help. Same effect of going from a house with carpet to one with tile or wood floors. You'll still feel the concussion effect with larger calibers thought. Don't forget ventilation

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    There is a actually a company that converts shipping containers into shooting ranges, with proper ventilation and sound proofing. Even with heat and a/c. They come either in 1 2 or 3 container lengths. Run about $10,000 and up.

I can easily put all three in my backyard.

I was just wondering about the legalities not ao much how to do it. I know where to get all the aupplies for aoun proofing, bullet traps, ventilation etc.... even bullet proofing for the walls etc.

I have also checked with insurance, and as long as i follow certain rules. They are good to go.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    There is a actually a company that converts shipping containers into shooting ranges, with proper ventilation and sound proofing. Even with heat and a/c. They come either in 1 2 or 3 container lengths. Run about $10,000 and up.

I can easily put all three in my backyard.

I was just wondering about the legalities not ao much how to do it. I know where to get all the aupplies for aoun proofing, bullet traps, ventilation etc.... even bullet proofing for the walls etc.

I have also checked with insurance, and as long as i follow certain rules. They are good to go.

I'd check city ordinances.. if you're inside a city limit it's probably illegal unless you have a specific exemption or license to do so. And again, your homeowners insurance will absolutely say no.

Top Bottom