Personal Home Indoor Shooting Range

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
Without a doubt, there are some good HOAs and they can be helpful. As long as they are run correctly and don't act like nazis they can be beneficial. But sometimes the "officials" of the HOA lose their mind over a little power.

Lost Spurs

Sep 24, 2011
BCS
There is a range north or fort worth that uses something very similar to the buried cargo container. The bass pro in grapevine has you shooting into a tube.

I wanted to set up a 5 or 7 yard .22 range in my garage in the burbs. With a can there is no reason it wouldn't work. I scuttled the idea when the real dangers of lead vapors / particulate were discovered with little kids in the house.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

EZ-E

Jackenstein extraordinaire
TGT Supporter
May 4, 2017
Middle of no where
I can't imagine how loud that would be.
Throw some of that cheap outdoor carpet on the inside, once you knock down the smooth can surface on the I side with soft material it will help. Same effect of going from a house with carpet to one with tile or wood floors. You'll still feel the concussion effect with larger calibers thought. Don't forget ventilation

Texasgrillchef

Jul 27, 2018
Lewisville
There is a actually a company that converts shipping containers into shooting ranges, with proper ventilation and sound proofing. Even with heat and a/c. They come either in 1 2 or 3 container lengths. Run about $10,000 and up.

I can easily put all three in my backyard.

I was just wondering about the legalities not ao much how to do it. I know where to get all the aupplies for aoun proofing, bullet traps, ventilation etc.... even bullet proofing for the walls etc.

I have also checked with insurance, and as long as i follow certain rules. They are good to go.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
Jan 13, 2017
Jarrell TX, United States
There is a actually a company that converts shipping containers into shooting ranges, with proper ventilation and sound proofing. Even with heat and a/c. They come either in 1 2 or 3 container lengths. Run about $10,000 and up.

I can easily put all three in my backyard.

I was just wondering about the legalities not ao much how to do it. I know where to get all the aupplies for aoun proofing, bullet traps, ventilation etc.... even bullet proofing for the walls etc.

I have also checked with insurance, and as long as i follow certain rules. They are good to go.
I'd check city ordinances.. if you're inside a city limit it's probably illegal unless you have a specific exemption or license to do so. And again, your homeowners insurance will absolutely say no.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics