• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    One guy was suicidal and broke his TV and was walking on the glass and cutting his self. I didnt want to send my officers into a small space to get him while he was able to really fight so I sprayed him. Hit him right between the eyes with a good 3 or 4 second spray.

No response. No eyes close nothing.

So I filled the room with a fogger and not so much as a sniffle. Even after 30 to 45 seconds.

By this point he was a bloody mess so we had to drag him out.

Second guy it initially made him close his eyes but he fought thru it.

After taking him down I was majorly contaminated. Really had the oily capsaicin rubbed into my exposed skin. It burned for almost a week at every shower or time I sweated.

It's a tool to create time and space when used for defense but not a magic bullet.
    Exactly.

Even Tasers don't work on everyone.

It's why we carry so many tools, baton, OC, Taser, pistol with us. It gives officers options to react that keep us safe and keep others safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Kimber also has an interesting offering with which I have personal experience. Two trigger pulls. Two shots - that's all ya get. Essentially aimed like a pistol and charged with a primer vs aerosol. I deployed one shot in the face of a freaking massive and pissed off cinnamon Doberman. Adrenaline rattled as he was, it stopped him immediately in his tracks and sent him packing, hollering until he hit a patch of grass. The only thing he could do was cry and rub his face on it. I and my little mutt sauntered away with hearts beating pretty quickly I assure you. I'm a believer and carry one every morning when we walk the mutts. I have no desire to shoot a dog. Don't see why it wouldn't be equally effective on two-legged curs.
    Dogs don't have the same sensitivity to pepper/OC spray. It usually will get them back, but from what I understand it doesn't do much. I have never tried it.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    After 3 or 4 showers and a couple of days later. “Smile” would not be the word I used. If I ever deploy this stuff on someone it is truly because they earned it. View attachment 221955
    When there is a violent crowd and officers are working on a guy and a gal who just got shot and we are unable to give first aid because they won't stay back (shooter unknown) having a tool to quickly clear a block makes me smile.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Dogs don't have the same sensitivity to pepper/OC spray. It usually will get them back, but from what I understand it doesn't do much. I have never tried it.

We had a dog that would greet our mail man at the fence<dog is on our side of the fence> Mailman would hand the mail to the dog and he would bring it in the house.

Substitute mail man as he was walking up to the box that is on the fence sees happy dog coming and pepper sprays the dog goes back to his truck and takes off.

Next day as the mail truck is 2-3 houses away happy dog jumps fence and chases the mail dude down the street .

We got a notice we had to come to the post office to pick up our mail as we had a dangerous dog.

I am guessing that the dogs do feel something as the dog was friendly and nice to everyone after that we could not leave him in the front yard till after the mail ran for the day.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands

This dog definitely had sensitivity. Whatever is in the Kimber mixture had an immediate and incapacitating affect. As far as this combination is concerned, your understanding is inaccurate.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I need a can of that on a motion detector, under the hood of my tractor. Rats are chewing hoses and wiring as fast as I can fix it.

Try putting a small open container of peppermint oil under the hood. Mice and rats hate the smell of peppermint oil. Only problem is remembering to remove the container before you start your tractor next time.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

There used to be a very territorial hundred pound Rottweiler down the street, and the owners didn't care that he could get through the fence and liked standing guard at the end of their driveway. He used to have a big problem with me (I should have shot him when I had a chance to do it with clear justification, but that is a different story).

I started carrying a wimpy can of pepper spray (and had my other hand ready to draw from the holster just in case), and the first time he came out at me I tagged him in the face. The stupid stuff only went about five feet, so things got a little puckered and drawn, but he stopped. Disgusted with that "get off me can", I got a better one (but not much, it only shot a wimpy stream a little over ten feet).

Well the next time I walked down the street and the dog was there, he ran up at me and skidded to a stop six feet away, looking like he knew he'd get me if it weren't for that pain shield he knew was there. So I tagged him in the face again. And again, until he went out of range. He never got closer than about fifteen feet after that. So I guess it does mostly work. I sure wouldn't rely on just it if he had buddies or was in a frenzy though.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Exactly.

Even Tasers don't work on everyone.

It's why we carry so many tools, baton, OC, Taser, pistol with us. It gives officers options to react that keep us safe and keep others safe.

Yep and you are losing them piece by piece. Once all the less lethal tools are gone the hand wringers are not going to be happy with what's left.

They are too phucking stupid to realize that those tools save lives, especially the taser. They also save serious injury.

Phucking retards.

And add my son to the long list of those leaving law enforcement. If I still worked I would quit too. Too many retards.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If you deploy pepper spray keep Sudecon Decontamination wipes on you in case you get a dose of yer own medicine.....

They work and you'll get immediate relief.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    There used to be a very territorial hundred pound Rottweiler down the street, and the owners didn't care that he could get through the fence and liked standing guard at the end of their driveway. He used to have a big problem with me (I should have shot him when I had a chance to do it with clear justification, but that is a different story).

I started carrying a wimpy can of pepper spray (and had my other hand ready to draw from the holster just in case), and the first time he came out at me I tagged him in the face. The stupid stuff only went about five feet, so things got a little puckered and drawn, but he stopped. Disgusted with that "get off me can", I got a better one (but not much, it only shot a wimpy stream a little over ten feet).

Well the next time I walked down the street and the dog was there, he ran up at me and skidded to a stop six feet away, looking like he knew he'd get me if it weren't for that pain shield he knew was there. So I tagged him in the face again. And again, until he went out of range. He never got closer than about fifteen feet after that. So I guess it does mostly work. I sure wouldn't rely on just it if he had buddies or was in a frenzy though.

You know you have to shake some brands first.

I carried mine upside down. Helped ensure it was mixed when deployed.

Folks should always test their spray.

Those little key ring cans can be useless after a short time.

Top Bottom