Join TexasGunTalk

People seeking justice for George Floyd death steal from stores, commit arson

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by oldag, May 28, 2020.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I figure the murder or not thing will play out in court where the facts will come out. The being a dick part was pretty self evident, former cop is the right call.

seeker_two, Axxe55 and jordanmills like this.
  2. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Yeah he needs to have the book thrown at him. All four of them on site do. The only question in my mind is if it's murder or manslaughter. Based on the preliminary ME report, and until I read the MN statute on third degree murder, I would have said that it is definitely not murder, but almost certainly manslaughter. But with MN law, it could be third degree murder.

seeker_two and Axxe55 like this.
  3. kbaxter60

kbaxter60 Hill Country State of Mind

Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    FIFY

Whistler and Davetex like this.
  4. Axxe55

Axxe55 Professional Troublemaker, and Dog Whisperer!

Dec 15, 2019
    Deep East Texas
    I'm not sure of what to make of the ME's report on the cause of death. Possible intoxicants? He either did have drugs or alcohol in his system, or he didn't. I know for a fact that drug testing doesn't take very long to get a report about. Results can be had in a few hours now. It appeared to me, that the cause of death was suppose to some way try to alleviate responsibility of Chauvin causing Floyd's death due to underlying health reasons. IMO, it doesn't.

I seriously doubt that Chauvin woke up that day, and made a decision to kill someone that day. From some of the information about previous incidents with possible complaints about his dealing with people that is surfacing, I think it's possible Chauvin should never have been in LE as a career. Hus superiors had to be aware of this, but yet, he was still wearing a badge and in uniform.

I see a much larger problem. His fellow officers, especially those other three. They essentially did nothing. The stood there and watched Chauvin with his knee on Floyd's neck, until he died, and did nothing. His superiors are another problem. They knew of previous complaints about Chauvin, but still he was wearing a badge and doing the job. They could have made him go to counseling, or even fired him, and they did neither.

EZ-E, toddnjoyce, 308nato and 2 others like this.
  5. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    Actually from a video from another view the only one standing was the oriental (?) cop and all three of the cops had Floyd pinned down with Chauvin on his neck.

Axxe55 likes this.
  6. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I don't know, I think it could just be a straight honest report. The fact that the neck hold wasn't the primary cause of Floyd's death does not remove responsibility for the death from the ex-cops. It might be significant for the particular charge and/or sentence, but he and the others need to be held responsible for the end result. He clearly violated his department's policy and acted outside the authority of his commission.

To the actions based on the complaints, I think that's a lot harder to figure out. Any particular complaint could be as much a result of the complainant and job assignment as it is the behavior of the officer. Sure a history of complaints of the same kind about the same officer from different people bears some serious looking into though.

seeker_two and Axxe55 like this.
  7. Axxe55

Axxe55 Professional Troublemaker, and Dog Whisperer!

Dec 15, 2019
    Deep East Texas
    Then they need to be charged as well. Same charges as those that were given to Chauvin. IMO, they are just as giulty.

seeker_two and 308nato like this.
  8. Bobk

Bobk Active Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Maybe the virus will cure the protestors! Lol!

kbaxter60 and Southpaw like this.
  9. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Davetex, Axxe55, V-Tach and 1 other person like this.
  10. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 TGT Addict

Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    My comment stands. He deserves whatever comes to him. **** him.

Big Green and Axxe55 like this.