Venture Surplus ad

Pay attention Boot: Care and feeding of 50cal Browning M2HB “Ma Deuce” in 1 Minute

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Even if you "acquired" one for free, it would still cost a fortune to feed the beast!
    Out of this whole ammo shortage thing I noticed 50 bmg was/is still readily available for $3-4 for ball. At one point it was cheaper than 30-30. Pretty wild. Made me consider one.

ETA: Not a M2, but a single shot.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Out of this whole ammo shortage thing I noticed 50 bmg was/is still readily available for $3-4 for ball. At one point it was cheaper than 30-30. Pretty wild. Made me consider one.

ETA: Not a M2, but a single shot.
    Even at pre- "pandemic" prices for 50 caliber ammo, that M2 is still expensive for most people to afford to shoot.

I wouldn't turn one down if someone were to gift one to me! But I'd set it up on it's mount, pointed at the front door in the living room!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Sadly cost is not the main impediment facing .50 cal. shooters.....

Finding somewhere to shoot it is.......(for me anyway)...I have to drive 4.5 hrs to a friends ranch to shoot my Bushmaster.......

An M2 is my dream gun.....

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Sadly cost is not the main impediment facing .50 cal. shooters.....

Finding somewhere to shoot it is.......(for me anyway)...I have to drive 4.5 hrs to a friends ranch to shoot my Bushmaster.......

An M2 is my dream gun.....
    Hell I wanted a AN/M2 30 caliber Browning and probably would been real happy with it over a Ma Duece! I love the sound of them with their high cyclic rate.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I once got to shoot a few rounds in a demonstration in Vietnam for my US Representative who was visiting the troops. Any members of the forum have more opportunities to shoot Ma Duce as shown in the video.

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      7.5 KB · Views: 69

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    OK, class back in session, Boot!!!:rocket:

You think you know it all about Ma Deuce Bull****. Here is a history/development lesson from Forgotten Weapons presenter, Ian McCollum. Pay attention to when it was developed, by who, how many made initially and during the BIG War. Passing grade might get you a demo of said HMG with Ian later.

Homework tonight is re-read a post on this forum featuring another of JMB's other gun that won't quit.

Top Bottom