• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The time you spend looking for a 'good deal' is ok by me, but rather than go through that exhausting exercise, I just buy retail and be done with it.

Oh, I spent $50/100 more than a good deal?

OK, but I have it (whatever gun it may be) and you, you DON'T!

We recently bought a Hellfire at a LGS for my Granddaughter who just turned 21 and will be taking her LTC class this month.

Yep, paid (probably) a $100 over what it would've cost pre-pandemic.

But, it was available.

I wasn't about to knock myself out agonizing over the BEST deal...

I wanted it now...and got it NOW!
    Military Camp

thomasmuller

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2021
    DFW
    The time you spend looking for a 'good deal' is ok by me, but rather than go through that exhausting exercise, I just buy retail and be done with it.

Oh, I spent $50/100 more than a good deal?

OK, but I have it (whatever gun it may be) and you, you DON'T!

We recently bought a Hellfire at a LGS for my Granddaughter who just turned 21 and will be taking her LTC class this month.

Yep, paid (probably) a $100 over what it would've cost pre-pandemic.

But, it was available.

I wasn't about to knock myself out agonizing over the BEST deal...

I wanted it now...and got it NOW!

I am a deal hunter, but I definitely see the reasoning here. You might have saved $50, but can't put a price on time wasted! Phone calls, emails, web browsing, driving time etc sometimes is just not worth the hassle.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I rate pawn shops right up there with gun shows. None of them are worth my time any longer. Online is what's left. Stores are good for shopping but even the clerks look away unable justify their prices.
    The customers did not invent the Internet. If a retail store cannot work in the online environment they are dinosaurs. And for accessories, if I need it today most ranges will sell me a box of overpriced ammo.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Pawn shops are like a box of chocolates. I like browsing them. I have found good deals and bought them, so-so deals and overpriced just stays there. I like the hunt and don't consider it a waste of time. I have a friend who has a route of pawn shops he runs. Stopped in one and bought a piece of networking test gear. After haggling I think he paid $250. Drove over to another guy he knows that does networking and sold it for $2500. Not bad for an hours work. Seldom does he buy something that he doesn't know where to sell it for a profit, it's a game to him.

Top Bottom