• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I just read an article in regard to this. Sounds like Chief Acevedo is just a left wing hack. Yes the guy who shot the officer can’t legally posses or purchase a weapon due to previous conviction so what next Chief? Had nothing to do with the boyfriend loophole. While I am a self proclaimed moderate and would probably support a little nip & tuck here and there to current laws it pisses me off when a person in that position hijacks such a personal situation such as the officers murder. What’s the old saying, never let the truth get in the way of a good story? I bet he’s planning to run for office somewhere. What a tool.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I'll bet the shooter had previously been convicted of domestic violence which would have already made him a prohibited person under the Lautenberg Amendment.

“We know our client has a history of mental illness, that is where we are going to start,” the attorney said outside the courtroom. “The obvious question to us becomes, how does a mentally ill person with a prior domestic violence conviction get a handgun, so we’ll be looking at that, OK. That’s really a problem for us and we want to see where there was a breakdown in the system.“

Source:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    “We know our client has a history of mental illness, that is where we are going to start,” the attorney said outside the courtroom. “The obvious question to us becomes, how does a mentally ill person with a prior domestic violence conviction get a handgun, so we’ll be looking at that, OK. That’s really a problem for us and we want to see where there was a breakdown in the system.“

Source:
    It's almost like the criminals who break laws against beating the shiznit out of their wimmins will also break laws against them getting guns. What a coincidence.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It’s not like Lautenberg compliance is aggressively enforced by the courts anyway.

And it’s not like Lautenberg (or mental health) restrictions always make their way to NCIC. Just ask the Air Force about that.

For what it is, Lautenberg makes sense. For how it is enforced makes it a joke.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Lautenberg was a shit law to start with. For a first offense domestic violence conviction you are gonna take away a persons right to keep & bear arms for the rest of his life?? How ANY gun owner, who respects the 2nd amendment, could say it's a good law is beyond my comprehension! This law was another try by the Clinton administration to deny firearms rights to otherwise law abiding citizens. MANY cases of domestic violence cases are filed by women trying to get even with a spouse or significant other. The law is bullshit, and should never have been enacted.

Top Bottom