• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Did a video on my Para Ordnance Black Watch LDA. Around 2007-08 Para Ord moved/sold from Canada to Florida and became Para USA. The quality went down as they went into mass production and offered custom finished pistols for military units deployed to combat, and later Remington bought them and Para USA went away. Many of the tan military unit pistols can be found in gun stores as by the time pistols were delivered, the soldiers had switched duty stations or gotten out.

Para made the first DA 1911 (along with the first double stack 1911). In circa 2006 I picked up a Para Black Watch LDA do to some design features I thought were innovative.

The DA trigger is neat, I do regret not buying Colts DA 1911, but at the time Colt seemed inferior to Paras design and I had other guns to buy.

Any other LDA owners? How do you like them?

Guns International

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    My Para P10 is the only pistol I've ever owned that is sush a POS I can't even look at it. I've replaced every spring in it, polished the ramp, used 6 different mags (all with new springs,) and had 2 others fire it to make sure I'm not limp wristing it. It jams every 2 or 3 rounds regardless of ammo. It's such a dog I wouldn't leave it out if I owned a cat.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    My Para P10 is the only pistol I've ever owned that is sush a POS I can't even look at it. I've replaced every spring in it, polished the ramp, used 6 different mags (all with new springs,) and had 2 others fire it to make sure I'm not limp wristing it. It jams every 2 or 3 rounds regardless of ammo. It's such a dog I wouldn't leave it out if I owned a cat.

Yea the P-10 and Warthog had issues at first. The P-14 and P-12’s were good.
    Years ago there were posts that addressed issues with the P-10/Warthog. Not sure if there were set fixes.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I've had several Para's over the years in 45 acp & 40 s&w. All of them have been great guns. I still have a Tac Four 45 with the LDA trigger, it's the only one I won't ever get rid of.
    I bought a bunch of spare parts for it from SARCO after Para was shut down, just in case I ever break anything.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I've had several Para's over the years in 45 acp & 40 s&w. All of them have been great guns. I still have a Tac Four 45 with the LDA trigger, it's the only one I won't ever get rid of.
    I bought a bunch of spare parts for it from SARCO after Para was shut down, just in case I ever break anything.

That was smart thinking to get extra parts.
    I know a few that liked the .40 Para.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Did a video on my Para Ordnance Black Watch LDA. Around 2007-08 Para Ord moved/sold from Canada to Florida and became Para USA. The quality went down as they went into mass production and offered custom finished pistols for military units deployed to combat, and later Remington bought them and Para USA went away. Many of the tan military unit pistols can be found in gun stores as by the time pistols were delivered, the soldiers had switched duty stations or gotten out.

Para made the first DA 1911 (along with the first double stack 1911). In circa 2006 I picked up a Para Black Watch LDA do to some design features I thought were innovative.

The DA trigger is neat, I do regret not buying Colts DA 1911, but at the time Colt seemed inferior to Paras design and I had other guns to buy.

Any other LDA owners? How do you like them?

para did not make the first DA 1911, Seecamp did and there was also a prototype before Seecamp was converting 1911s

SEECAMP Series 70.png

DA 1911 prototype.png

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    From what I have found online Seecamp only did conversions of Colt and other 1911’s that were single action/double action. More a custom build than actually manufacturing a production DA 1911.

Still interesting.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    From what I have found online Seecamp only did conversions of Colt and other 1911’s that were single action/double action. More a custom build than actually manufacturing a production DA 1911.

Still interesting.
    there is certainly enough custom guns produced by him to be recognized. and its still before the LDA

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    there is certainly enough custom guns produced by him to be recognized. and its still before the LDA
    Seecamp did make some neat guns. I guess his DA 1911 conversions are interesting. Kind of like a conversion of dropping a V8 in a Ford Pinto.

Looks like Colt used Seecamp conversion design when they made their 1911 DA’s.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I was a fan of the LDA.
    Also wish I would have bought a Lionheart LH9. I had one in my hands at a gun store with a decent price on it.
    Shoulda coulda woulda.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Seecamp did make some neat guns. I guess his DA 1911 conversions are interesting. Kind of like a conversion of dropping a V8 in a Ford Pinto.

Looks like Colt used Seecamp conversion design when they made their 1911 DA’s.

yup the double eagle was essentially a clone of the seecamp design

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    yup the double eagle was essentially a clone of the seecamp design

I worked on a few Double Eagles for friends. I just remember the Decocker and left side grip were not well thought out and a weak point. Never really paid attention to the trigger transfer bar set up or if the right side frame was cut out.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I worked on a few Double Eagles for friends. I just remember the Decocker and left side grip were not well thought out and a weak point. Never really paid attention to the trigger transfer bar set up or if the right side frame was cut out.
    I want a double eagle myself because it was in the N64 Classic Perfect Dark, but I wouldnt want to work on one due to the amount of kludge to make a 1911 DA lmao.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Long ago I had an LDA in 9mm. It was a sweet gun but required my full attention when cleaning to avoid screwing up the trigger mechanism. I traded it in for something else and I have regretted it ever since. After Para Ord moved to the states and got bought out, they ended up building the Remington R51. I have a second gen R51 and although as a gun everyone trashes them, mine has never malfunctioned or had a problem. I think Remington screwed up a good company by not allowing it to mature in the US with what they already had drawings/machinery for. Just my 2 cents.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I have a P12 LDA I bought back during the hi cap mag ban. It came with two ten round magazines and a coupon to purchase two twelve round magazines from the factory. Over the years I changed the springs and floor plates and they run fine, I don’t carry it anymore; usually I carry a Slim Hawg in 45.

Top Bottom