• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I would say they are very comparable. In mil-spec lowers I dont see paying a premium price for the name. To me Alex's Dreadnaught lowers will perform as well as any other brand, I simply know that the PSA lowers go for $49 from time to time.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    I missed the last sale by a few hours; out of stock when I ordered. I sent them an email asking if I could get a rain check (had to try) or when they would be on sale again. Their answer was that they had no plans to do the sale any time in the near future. I bought one of the lowers offered by Surplus Arms and Ammo for $59.95. They (and I have read the PSA one's as well) are made by Aero Precision. Same people that alledgedly make lowers for Spikes.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    The serial # on my PSA lower starts with LW. Just thought I'd throw that in here. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I can say the JSE upper fit on it very tight. I think I'm gonna have a nice rifle.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have two of the PSA lowers sitting in the safe right now, one will be assembled on Super Sunday. The quality is as good as any mil-spec milled lower out there in my opinion. I believe they are manufactured by Aero. At $49.95 each a great buy, I plan on throwing a few more in the safe next time they are on sale "just in case".

woodsong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Katy
    I'm probably wrong, but it seems most of their sales cluster around holidays -- Christmas, 4th of July, things like that.

DaRedneck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I couldn't wait for the next sale. I ordered one with the fire/safe and one with the pictogram. I had read that the pictogram would have the lower shelf but that is not the case anymore. Both are high self. Not that big of a deal for me, I don't have a RDIAS, and even at their current price they are a good deal IMO.

PSA1.jpg

beavf16

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    San Antonio
    I bought 5 of the PSAs for $50. No problems. I don't think they are using Aero Precision anymore. LW is LW Schneider, another contract part manufacturer.

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    Greetings,
    I have 5 of their lowers also.
    Three on 300 Blackout uppers, one 5.56 upper and one 7.62x39 upper.
    They seem to be top quality and compare to any lower I have seen or held.
    I have also used their lower parts kits on 3 or those builds and they are good parts also.
    Good folks to deal with.

Top Bottom