• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    First time over $2.00 in over a year. 'Fraid it's only the beginning as Biden works to make the U.S. energy dependent once again.
    Hurley's Gold

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    You best enjoy $2 bucks a gallon while you can.

Now is the time to dump your gas guzzler and go electric before it hits $6 bucks a gallon.

Reactions: gll

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX

Now is the time to dump your gas guzzler and go electric before it hits $6 bucks a gallon.
    If everyone switched over to electric, it would bring the electric grid to it's knees, unless you install a big-ass solar system in your house.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    When oil hits $80/barrel again there will be lots of Texans making money and spending money. I won't complain about $4/gal if it helps the local economy. My biggest concern is not the price, but whose pocket the money is going into. When our gas is made from Arab oil, we are transferring money out of the US. Make it here, pay for it here, keep the money here. Same principle holds true with Chinese junk products.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    When oil hits $80/barrel again there will be lots of Texans making money and spending money. I won't complain about $4/gal if it helps the local economy. My biggest concern is not the price, but whose pocket the money is going into. When our gas is made from Arab oil, we are transferring money out of the US. Make it here, pay for it here, keep the money here. Same principle holds true with Chinese junk products.
    Your logic is a tad faulty. Oh, no doubt we're headed for 4 buck a gallon for regular gas. Wanna make a guess on where diesel is headed. Restrict hydrocarbon access in America the supply pipe gets smaller and prices go up. It sounds like you want to return the days of yore when the headlines would read "EXXON sets new quarterly record for profits" Exxon's pricing model, by their own admission is built for high prices. The more raw materials cost them - the more they profit! To hit $4.00 per gallon for regular the price for raw materials has to grow considerably. For the price of raw materials to rise significantly demand has to exceed the ability to supply. Being as none of the oil producing nations seem willing to do that to the extent it drives a supply/demand imbalance to create $80.00 a barrel pricing. However should you cripple the largest oil producing nation such that it does create such a supply/demand imbalance that drives the per barrel cost to $80.00 a gallon. Root of that problem. The U.S. will be crippled. Our dollars will then, once again, be sent abroad to purchase what we were/are capable of producing. You'll get part of your wish and some U.S citizens will indeed profit wanna guess who that might be? A clue... it won't be me and you.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Watch for an added environment tax to fund gov. Motors EV.
    Watch our oil recovery infrastructure be systematically dismantled forcing our supply offshore. Watch the U.S. become dependent on foreign states for that oil. Watch the oil embargo cripple the U.S. economy. Watch interest rates exceed 20%. Watch inflation exceed 12%. Watch unemployment reach historic numbers.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

Go electric? How exactly is the electricity produced - certainly not by solar power, rather by fossil fuels is more likely. Anyway, how many electric charging locations are there and how long does it take to recharge as opposed to gassing up.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Told everyone if the Bidophile and the Flatbacker got in we would be to 4-5 a gal by summer.

I hate being right sometimes.

2d9bee35eb4f8906e5c798462d813b85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    And... if Biden, et al, does not obliterate the U.S. oil industry to drive fuel to those cost. They'll just say goody, goody, and get it there with taxes. Or both!

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    Your logic is a tad faulty. Oh, no doubt we're headed for 4 buck a gallon for regular gas. Wanna make a guess on where diesel is headed. Restrict hydrocarbon access in America the supply pipe gets smaller and prices go up. It sounds like you want to return the days of yore when the headlines would read "EXXON sets new quarterly record for profits" Exxon's pricing model, by their own admission is built for high prices. The more raw materials cost them - the more they profit! To hit $4.00 per gallon for regular the price for raw materials has to grow considerably. For the price of raw materials to rise significantly demand has to exceed the ability to supply. Being as none of the oil producing nations seem willing to do that to the extent it drives a supply/demand imbalance to create $80.00 a barrel pricing. However should you cripple the largest oil producing nation such that it does create such a supply/demand imbalance that drives the per barrel cost to $80.00 a gallon. Root of that problem. The U.S. will be crippled. Our dollars will then, once again, be sent abroad to purchase what we were/are capable of producing. You'll get part of your wish and some U.S citizens will indeed profit wanna guess who that might be? A clue... it won't be me and you.

Your logic is a tad faulty. When the price of oil rose to a point where shale producers could make money given the extra cost of drilling, rig counts went up, people got good jobs, and for a while the US produced more oil than it consumed. OPEC then increased production to drive US shale producers out of business. Many of my friends lost their jobs.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Your logic is a tad faulty. When the price of oil rose to a point where shale producers could make money given the extra cost of drilling, rig counts went up, people got good jobs, and for a while the US produced more oil than it consumed. OPEC then increased production to drive US shale producers out of business. Many of my friends lost their jobs.

So... you're saying, I think, that the supply/demand equation still works - if unimpeded by outside sources. To defeat the supply/demand equation, by any means other than supply or demand, tilts the market in predictable ways. The biden admin has taken the first step in restricting the oil industry with the canceling of the Keystone XL permit. Shutting down federal lands will be the next piece of legal footwork that will come into play. By limiting, through regulations vs the open market, supply will be altered - reduced. Once artificial demand is implemented, by way of regulated supply, prices will go up. However, due to regulations, the U.S. oil industry will not be allowed to respond by increasing production.

All we can do now is watch - either you're right or I am.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    So... you're saying, I think, that the supply/demand equation still works - if unimpeded by outside sources. To defeat the supply/demand equation, by any means other than supply or demand, tilts the market in predictable ways. The biden admin has taken the first step in restricting the oil industry with the canceling of the Keystone XL permit. Shutting down federal lands will be the next piece of legal footwork that will come into play. By limiting, through regulations vs the open market, supply will be altered - reduced. Once artificial demand is implemented, by way of regulated supply, prices will go up. However, due to regulations, the U.S. oil industry will not be allowed to respond by increasing production.

All we can do now is watch - either you're right or I am.

You have an interesting point. And while I am sure that the demoncrats will enjoy shutting down oil exploration on public lands, if the price of oil makes shale profitable again more oil will be produced here in the US. Unless of course, the demoncrats ban fracking. My orginal comment on this subject was really pointed at keeping American money in America. This country's government, and its citizens, should do everything we can to make this country prosperous and not send our hard earned dollars to foreign countries. What ever means can further that objective, I'm in favor of.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom