• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magholder

Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    I am thinking about getting a P365 for myself as a carry gun, change my mind!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I am thinking about getting a P365 for myself as a carry gun, change my mind!
    If you shoot it well. My two cents in our current crazy world: pack what you’re best with.

That’s why my current carry gun is a sig 229 in 40.

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    I like the 365 but I actually found that I shot the Hellcat better. Have never been a big Springfield guy but I really liked the Hellcat. I also like the 43X now that you can get the flush fitting 15 round mags. But I guess you can't really go wrong with any of them.

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    Yes there is a big difference between the 365 and the 365XL. Obviously larger grip and capacity. You get the flat trigger. Flared magwell. Noticeable grip texture difference. And I could be wrong about this but I believe all the XLs come cut for optics. Or at least the ones I've tried/seen.

magholder

Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    Yes there is a big difference between the 365 and the 365XL. Obviously larger grip and capacity. You get the flat trigger. Flared magwell. Noticeable grip texture difference. And I could be wrong about this but I believe all the XLs come cut for optics. Or at least the ones I've tried/seen.

Sheesh, I haven't done my homework apparently! I did notice the pricetag difference for sure when looking at a few. Problem is I have never had them both side by side, just one or the other.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Every 365XL that I have seen has been cut for the Romeo Zero. I have both the 365 and 365XL. The XL slide is approximately 3/4" longer, and the grip is long enough for the 12 round mags to fit flush where they are extended on the 365. They both shoot the same to me, but the 365 is easier to conceal. Everyone says they prefer the flat trigger on the XL, but I really can't tell the difference. I have large hands and the overall grip is very narrow and slim, so I put a Hogue grip on both of them and that makes them much easier to hold onto when shooting.

1634671023969.png

1634671183813.png

magholder

Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    Every 365XL that I have seen has been cut for the Romeo Zero. I have both the 365 and 365XL. The XL slide is approximately 3/4" longer, and the grip is long enough for the 12 round mags to fit flush where they are extended on the 365. They both shoot the same to me, but the 365 is easier to conceal. Everyone says they prefer the flat trigger on the XL, but I really can't tell the difference. I have large hands and the overall grip is very narrow and slim, so I put a Hogue grip on both of them and that makes them much easier to hold onto when shooting.

View attachment 283319

View attachment 283320
    Awesome, thanks for showing the side by side. That is super helpful.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

Yes, all of this here. I like the larger grip size but you get more bang for your buck with the XL.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    The Shield Plus is another great choice IMO. If I were to select a new carry gun today, it'd be down to either the Shield Plus or the 365XL.

magholder

Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    Sell more mag holders and buy both.
    Haha sounds like a good plan!

Ive thought about the Shield Plus, but currently carry a Shield and wanted to venture to a different pistol make like Sig Sauer, not for any particular reason other then just to diversify.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Mycin

Feb 20, 2015
    McKinney
    I REALLY wanted to like the P365. Then I shot one (the XL version). For some reason, it consistently shot about 3" low for me at about 10 feet. It didn't do that for the gun's owner, so I figure it's something with the way I was gripping it, or something. It was really odd. I'm a decent pistol shot and took my time, focusing on the fundamentals.

My buddy's Hellcat shoots much more to point of aim for me.

Point being, try to get a little trigger time with one before you buy, if you can.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I've shot the hellcat too. Plastic and strikers aren't my thing, but that its grip felt good in my hand. I don't have large hands so I'm not a double stack mag lover either, but it seemed to have a bottomless magazine - i dont recall the capacity but it is surely enough to ward off any injun attacks!

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I had a chance to handle and fire the 365 and 365XL side by side, and sadly for me, neither did it for me. Which really sucked, as I really, really wanted to like the XL. The standard 365 was just flat out too small for me. Good trigger and sights, just too small. The XL had a funny grip angle similar to the 320, that just felt "off" for me. And, for me, the flat faced trigger on such a small gun was quite uncomfortable for me. Both triggers broke as expected and reliably, just that neither worked for me as I had expected and wanted them to.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom