P365 or.....?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Awesome, thanks for showing the side by side. That is super helpful.

I’ve shot the XL and like @TxStetson found it to be itty-bitty in the grip zone. If you can, take a gander at the Shield Plus. Yes it’s all around a bit larger than the XL.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
The Shield Plus is another great choice IMO. If I were to select a new carry gun today, it'd be down to either the Shield Plus or the 365XL.

1911'S 4 Me

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Sep 13, 2018
Humble
Sell more mag holders and buy both.

magholder

Magholder - Horizontal Magazine Pouch
Forum Sponsor
Sep 23, 2021
Utah
Sell more mag holders and buy both.
Haha sounds like a good plan!

Ive thought about the Shield Plus, but currently carry a Shield and wanted to venture to a different pistol make like Sig Sauer, not for any particular reason other then just to diversify.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
Occupied Texas
The P365 is an easy pistol to love.

Mycin

Feb 20, 2015
McKinney
I REALLY wanted to like the P365. Then I shot one (the XL version). For some reason, it consistently shot about 3" low for me at about 10 feet. It didn't do that for the gun's owner, so I figure it's something with the way I was gripping it, or something. It was really odd. I'm a decent pistol shot and took my time, focusing on the fundamentals.

My buddy's Hellcat shoots much more to point of aim for me.

Point being, try to get a little trigger time with one before you buy, if you can.

TipBledsoe

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jun 28, 2020
La Vernia, TX
I've shot the hellcat too. Plastic and strikers aren't my thing, but that its grip felt good in my hand. I don't have large hands so I'm not a double stack mag lover either, but it seemed to have a bottomless magazine - i dont recall the capacity but it is surely enough to ward off any injun attacks!

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 24, 2012
Hill County
I had a chance to handle and fire the 365 and 365XL side by side, and sadly for me, neither did it for me. Which really sucked, as I really, really wanted to like the XL. The standard 365 was just flat out too small for me. Good trigger and sights, just too small. The XL had a funny grip angle similar to the 320, that just felt "off" for me. And, for me, the flat faced trigger on such a small gun was quite uncomfortable for me. Both triggers broke as expected and reliably, just that neither worked for me as I had expected and wanted them to.

gll

Well-Known
Jan 22, 2016
I don't want an optic on a micro 9, and don't like the extra barrel length of the XL. I do like the extra grip length, so I turned my 365 into a 365X by replacing the grip module with an XL.

That gives me the 12 round flush fit magazine of the XL.

Top Bottom