• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kyle L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    McKinney
    As of now I’m waiting for my LTC to be mailed. I currently have a Sig P320 compact 9mm that is suppose to be my carry handgun. As of lately I’ve been thinking about getting something smaller and lighter to carry. I’ve never owned or shot a Glock or the P365, but I’m wanting something that I can rely on in a bad situation. Any and all suggestions are welcomed?
    Hurley's Gold

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    365 is a good gun all they around. Do not like the way it fits my hand. 43 is fine but the 43X fits my hand and is more natural for me to point. My other carry is a 19X so I am used to Glocks. for smaller / lighter I went with the 43X. ALSO there is an aftermarket firm that is about to release a 15 round flush fit mag for the 43X. That is a game changer for me. It comes down to what fits you better. ALSO I shot the 320 carry and just did not get used to the Sig. Great gun. Just did not feel right to me. That is when I went with the 19X.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Ones as good as the other. That said I hate sigs, dont like the high bore axis so I dont mess with them. I carry only glocks. Many cant tell the difference so YMMV.

Personal preference.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I love my 43. It’s the perfect fit for me and shoots well. I am just not a fan of sigs. Either you like them or hate them. Try both and see which one you like

But never rely on a gun. Train, Learn and practice your malfunction drills and rely on them and consider your gun a tool that may fail at the worst possible time.

mamboloco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    P365 fits in my front pocket even with the larger mag in a pocket sleeve. I go between it and the P938 up front, sometimes a XD 45 acp. all about the same size.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    365 is a good gun all they around. Do not like the way it fits my hand. 43 is fine but the 43X fits my hand and is more natural for me to point. My other carry is a 19X so I am used to Glocks. for smaller / lighter I went with the 43X. ALSO there is an aftermarket firm that is about to release a 15 round flush fit mag for the 43X. That is a game changer for me. It comes down to what fits you better. ALSO I shot the 320 carry and just did not get used to the Sig. Great gun. Just did not feel right to me. That is when I went with the 19X.

Feel and the way a gun naturally -or with training- points, and how it runs for an individual is probably more important than anything else.

If it don't feel right, then it ain't.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've carried a Glock 26 w extended mag for years. Its a pocket gun for me. The 365 is a bit smaller and could probably be carried the same way.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    I carried a 1911 (full sized) for a while until it gave me back problems. Went to a Kimber 9mm 1911 officer size. Was okay but has a few issues. I'm not one to carry a spare mag either. Finally decided to turn a 365 into a demo gun. Glad I did. My new carry is the 365XL. I don't mind bigger guns. This is slightly larger, longer sight radius, and 12 rds. I'd have carried the 365 w the extended 12rd mag anyway so this is a non-issue. Granted, it's no custom tuned 1911 trigger, but neither is anything else. I'm growing to like it. I do like the sights. I do like Sigs generally. We actually got a deal in with two Sig 365s that include the 12rd mag for free. $499 for Sig 365 and the extra 12rd mag? It was too good to pass up. It was a promotion a distributor was doing. Just got them. But, since I carry the 365XL now, I can safely say I recommend it and like it.

The P365 comes with good sights, night sights and easy to acquire daytime sights. You'd have to upgrade the Glock so keep that in mind as far as the price diff. And the 12rd mag...can't emphasize enough that the extra capacity is very nice since very few people would actually carry an extra mag.

As for how it shoots, it shoots well. Or, maybe, I shoot well. I hate guns like the Ruger LCPII, but I shoot that well too. Good fundamentals translate to most guns. But the 365 fits my hand well and that makes it easier to shoot well if that makes sense. I can shoot a Glock 19 well, but I have to force it. My hands are a bit too small I guess for the standard grip. 1911s are natural for me. A grip much smaller than this 365 gets too small (to include the G43/42/LCP/etc) and I really don't like boxy or bladey grips like the Shield. Ergonomics are great on the Sig.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I carry my Colt Defender or my Colt Commander, both in 45ACP. I like them and they carry well in my holsters I have. Good holsters make a lot of difference. I see no reason to change. And ..... I really like carrying a 45ACP. :green:

Nagorg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    I'd suggest going to the range and shooting both to see which you prefer. When I did that with the G43 and the Shield 2.0, the Shield won for me. I've also shot the P365 and like it a lot too. It's smaller than the shield with more capacity; whats not to like about that?
    Supposedly the early adopter problems have been addressed. I should get my P365 this week...

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'd suggest going to the range and shooting both to see which you prefer. When I did that with the G43 and the Shield 2.0, the Shield won for me. I've also shot the P365 and like it a lot too. It's smaller than the shield with more capacity; whats not to like about that?
    Supposedly the early adopter problems have been addressed. I should get my P365 this week...

I too like the way a shield carries.

Shields are great till you try to cycle load and operate them. Many cant and you might not be able to with compromised strength from an injury.

Just a thought about a life saving tool.

Nagorg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    I'm expecting that my P365 will become my EDC once I pick it up this week and hit the range. I do like my Shield but the size and capacity of the P365 makes it preferred for carry.

For me, Glocks don't fit the bill. For some reason I dont shoot them as well as other pistols. I'm sure its something I'm doing but whatever that is, it doesn't happen with other pistols.
    I bought a G45 and am wanting to sell it. I shoot my Shield way better than the G45. The P365 worked well for me at the range too.

Last edited:

Shadowman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2019
    Texas
    I am normally a glock guy but after trying the 43, 43x and the P365 I went with the P365. I shoot all of them about the same but the P365 is smaller and holds more rounds. I did add a Hogue grip sleeve to the P365 which makes the grip feel better in my hand.

dlb737

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Addison
    I rotate between the P365 and G26 Gen5 for EDC. Like them both but lean towards G26. Only single stack I have is the M&P Shield 2.0. The other two print less on me believe it or not.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    I'm expecting that my P365 will become my EDC once I pick it up this week and hit the range. I do like my Shield but the size and capacity of the P365 makes it preferred for carry.

The P365 worked well for me at the range too.

I have a friend who, when I told him very few people actually shoot a perfect score in the LTC test he said he could do it easily. So I took him to the range and told him I bet he couldn't. Not because he's a bad shot but just because people can't seem to make it through 50 rounds without dropping a shot for some reason. He went to the range in the morning and shot 249 and then 250. I said it doesn't count without it being administered correctly. So we went that afternoon.

I even shot it at the same time he did for the competition sake, and I called out the course of fire. He was shooting his 5" STI in 9mm cheater gun. I was shooting my 365XL that has recently become my EDC. Sure enough he dropped one point at the 15yd line. He cried most of the time about my brass pelting him and said that's why he missed. I'm sure we'll shoot it again one day with me on the right. I shot a 250 (as I think all instructors should be able to). Of the 20 or so times I've shot the test, I've always shot a 250 including when I got my CHL initially before I really took an interest in guns. It's just about concentration and consistency. The gun, almost all guns, are capable of shooting that well. So my analysis is about the gun shooting well, but also how it feels in particular since almost any could/would shoot that score.

With this test, however, I was really impressed. As I shot it more I liked it more and more. Through 40 rounds I had 35 Xs and 5 10s. At 15yds I had a few 9s and two 8s. Probably losing concentration or laughing at my friend and his brass issue. I now have 300+ rounds through the gun and have no regrets. If the grip was any smaller, however, I don't think I'd like it. It's easy to get too much finger in there. I have fairly small hands I guess so a full sized Glock doesn't tend to fit right. But this is borderline too small in the other direction maybe.

One final thought...I got a Galco 365 holster and don't really like it. We sell the Tagua holsters and I've always like them for my full size 1911s and others. I don't think they make one for the 365, but the XD-S holster seems to work perfectly so that's what I'm using now. I'm an OWB, 3:00 to 4:00 position kinda guy. Regardless of the gun, make sure you have a good holster and a proper belt!

Top Bottom