Target Sports

OWB Holster - Which style is best for concealment?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I like the simplicity of that, but if you draw does the opening collapse? Is your belt then loose? A loose belt would suck as it's not wise to enter a gunfight with your pants around your knees :laughing:
    image.jpg
    Military Camp

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      47 KB · Views: 492

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I like the simplicity of that, but if you draw does the opening collapse? Is your belt then loose? A loose belt would suck as it's not wise to enter a gunfight with your pants around your knees :laughing:

IF my pants are around my knees entering a gunfight, I've got a whole lot more problems going on than just a gunfight. And my holster, or lack thereof, would be absolute least of my worries. For that fact, so would my pants.

The mouth/opening on the holster doesn't collapse. The base of the holster closes up a bit, making re-holstering of the pistol a big more snug but, not enough to cause concern. The snugness of my belt loosens up a bit as well, as I've just removed about 3/4" of tightness from the waistband. Once again though, with the actual thickness of the holster itself, it's not enough to really bother me.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The mouth/opening on the holster doesn't collapse. The base of the holster closes up a bit, making re-holstering of the pistol a big more snug but, not enough to cause concern.
    Ok, good to know.

The snugness of my belt loosens up a bit as well, as I've just removed about 3/4" of tightness from the waistband.
    Well, that style of holster probably won't work for me then. Thanks for the info.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    You might try calling him directly. He could most likely help you out quite a bit more than I can.

...And the snugness I remove from the waistband is just the gun itself coming out of the holster, my pants don't move or become loose on me.

Asymmetrical

The harmony of the Pen and the Sword
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    The old model Bianchi Shadow II was a good three slot pancake, and it had thumb snap retention. I have one for my Beretta 92FS and it makes short work of carrying that big ol pistol. I don’t know if they still make them as good as they used to, but there’s probably a variation from another manufacturer out there that will fit the bill.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    For carry OWB at 3:30 - 4:30 position with reasonable concealment under a shirt, vest or light jacket. Paddle, slots, snaps? Leather is preferred but all options are on the table. Easy on and off would be a plus too.

I need recommendations based on your experience and observations.

I want to carry my CZ Rami in an OWB holster. (I just can’t do IWB. It’s just too uncomfortable for me.) The Rami is almost the same exact size as a Glock 26 and fits great in the holsters I’ve tried for the Glock 26.

GoPappy,

What I find MOST comfortable & as concealable as any other obvious choice is a "tortilla" (Circa 1960 Treasury agent style) OWB leather worn just forward of my left rear pocket, as I'm a "wrong-handed guy".
    (Ernesto Hernandez , who resides in Pipe Creek, TX made mine in leather with basket-weave design. - It fits my Zigana K very well, which is as large/heavy as a Colt's Commander & was "reasonably priced" for a handmade/custom holster.)

Even friends, who know that I EDC, don't notice/know that the "K" is holstered under my usual daily dress of golf shirt, jeans & boat shoes.
    (Not long ago, a Bexar County Constable asked me why I was NOT carrying my concealed 9mm pistol. When I told him that I was carrying concealed, what handgun that I was wearing & where I was wearing it, he was quite surprised. = "Doesn't show", he said.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    IF my pants are around my knees entering a gunfight, I've got a whole lot more problems going on than just a gunfight. And my holster, or lack thereof, would be absolute least of my worries. For that fact, so would my pants.

The mouth/opening on the holster doesn't collapse. The base of the holster closes up a bit, making re-holstering of the pistol a big more snug but, not enough to cause concern. The snugness of my belt loosens up a bit as well, as I've just removed about 3/4" of tightness from the waistband. Once again though, with the actual thickness of the holster itself, it's not enough to really bother me.

Byrd666,

IF your pants fall down in a gunfight, I would NOT bank on your opponent dying of laughing.

yours, satx

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Middle aged spread, loss of ass muscle plis gain of table muscle, along with piss poor belt and equipment choice. Add to that running to cover just before you draw with the weight flopping...

Just a guess mind you.

Dress rehearsal is in order.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Middle aged spread, loss of ass muscle plis gain of table muscle, along with piss poor belt and equipment choice. Add to that running to cover just before you draw with the weight flopping...

Just a guess mind you.

Dress rehearsal is in order.

GAWD, BUT YOU PEOPLE ARE DUMB!

This is my holster, on my belt, on my pants, on my body, with my pistol in it. If my pants fell down, I think I would know it.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Found a holster at Academy that's pretty good for concealment, for OWB, it's a Phalanx Stealth Operator. This is a general, one size fits most type of holster and may not fit every pistol listed on the fit chart. I can say that it does fit my Taurus G2C, Taurus G3 and Taurus PT140 perfectly, as well as my nephews Glock 19. This holster lays pretty flat to my waist and with the right shirt, nobody knows it's there and wears really comfortable.

https://phalanxsystems.com/products/owb-full-size-black-holster/

Top Bottom