• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LxS1L3nTxI

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    San Antonio
    I am moving from Arizona/Washington State in a couple months to be stationed in SATX and am looking for a place outdoors to shoot. I am not asking for anyone's secret spot but seeing if anyone had any advice for shooting outdoors? In Washington State, any state land was allowed to be able to shot on as long as there is a natural obstacle that bullets land into (currently in Arizona for the last 3 months and it is the same outdoors shooting into a canyon). I am looking for a place near SATX (within 30-40 minute drive) to be able to shoot drills where I can draw from a holster, transition, and conduct movement drills? Should I look in Government Canyon State Natural Area?

I appreciate all the help and look forward to joining you all!
    Hurley's Gold

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    There is no free access public land in Texas available for shooting.
    You will have to pay to use commercial facilities.
    There are a number of shooting ranges around the SATX area. Each one is unique in its rules. You’ll have to research each one as to what is or isn’t allowed.
    There are also a number of private shooting clubs as well.
    FWIW, Government Canyon is a park. Big time no-no to discharge firearms there.
    There is a very limited amount of hunting opportunities in the state parks. Refer to Texas Parks and Wildlife website to investigate public hunting.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am moving from Arizona/Washington State in a couple months to be stationed in SATX and am looking for a place outdoors to shoot. I am not asking for anyone's secret spot but seeing if anyone had any advice for shooting outdoors? In Washington State, any state land was allowed to be able to shot on as long as there is a natural obstacle that bullets land into (currently in Arizona for the last 3 months and it is the same outdoors shooting into a canyon). I am looking for a place near SATX (within 30-40 minute drive) to be able to shoot drills where I can draw from a holster, transition, and conduct movement drills? Should I look in Government Canyon State Natural Area?

I appreciate all the help and look forward to joining you all!

Welcome to the Forum!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    FWIW, Government Canyon is a park. Big time no-no to discharge firearms there.

I know the Superintendent out there, there is very limited hunting opportunities at GCSNA but the deadline for 2021-22 has passed...

But here are some public hunting lands and regulations for Texas...

LxS1L3nTxI

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    San Antonio
    Thank you all for the warm welcome and help! I reached out to Lonestar Handgun and they seem like the best with their private bays with decently affordable pricing. Excited to be able to join this group on the ground!

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    Bandera Gun Club is the best little gun club in Texas!

34EC87F6-3E4D-48F9-996A-E8783D3338C8.jpeg

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    I don’t really see the owner being a web master or facebooker.
    I recall that the rates are about the same as Cedar Ridge.
    BGC also has a 100 yard range and two skeet fields.

Top Bottom