• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bully

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'm a huge fan of trying to make tiny holes in paper very far away from me. I'm looking for an outdoor range near Allen with anywhere north of 100 yards. I'd love to find a place with 1000 yards if that's feasible. Not sure what's out there. My "GoogleFu" isn't particularly strong and I'm not finding anything on the net. Any help is appreciated.

Edemce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Dallas
    I'm a huge fan of trying to make tiny holes in paper very far away from me. I'm looking for an outdoor range near Allen with anywhere north of 100 yards. I'd love to find a place with 1000 yards if that's feasible. Not sure what's out there. My "GoogleFu" isn't particularly strong and I'm not finding anything on the net. Any help is appreciated.
    B Tactical , east of you - Caddo Mills up to 300-400 yards , i forget.
    Fossil Point - west of you - 100-200 - Decatur 250-800 yards but you must qualify and pay a 1 time fee which is new ( fee ). $89

I wouldn't say close , but i usually spend a few hours when i go out to these places. I havent been in a while since i shoot 6.5 creedmoor and im low on ammo.

Also, I found a place in FT Worth , southish that offers 1k yards but I never been and i gotta find it again.

Last edited:

chasentx19

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2021
    Little Elm
    Im in the same boat as you, I'm relatively new to the DFW area and have been looking for some long distance (600+ yard) ranges within a reasonable distance. Any luck trying out any of the places listed above?

Edemce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Dallas
    There is a place in east Texas that you can ring steel out to 1 mile . You can get a 1 day pass but after it’s members fee . It’s not bad at all .

I’m always up for shooting if anyone wants to go . I’m still learning long range .

chasentx19

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2021
    Little Elm
    There is a place in east Texas that you can ring steel out to 1 mile . You can get a 1 day pass but after it’s members fee . It’s not bad at all .

I’m always up for shooting if anyone wants to go . I’m still learning long range .
    Whats the name of the range called? Im still learning how to shoot long range as well. Not ready for 1 mile haha but hopefully I'll get there one day.

Edemce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Dallas
    Whats the name of the range called? Im still learning how to shoot long range as well. Not ready for 1 mile haha but hopefully I'll get there one day.
    Northeast Texas Tactical , they are our in Terrell . I would like to sign up for their 1 day training course they have for long range. Get ya out to 1,000 yards. I need to order some more 6.5 creedmoor.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Armadillo guns is nice. Great people out there too. Garland Public Range is closer. Take George Bush to Miles exit (first one past Firewheel) and turn right. Its under the bridge.

Both have 100 yd range.

chasentx19

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2021
    Little Elm
    Northeast Texas Tactical , they are our in Terrell . I would like to sign up for their 1 day training course they have for long range. Get ya out to 1,000 yards. I need to order some more 6.5 creedmoor.
    Haha you and me both, good 6.5 creedmoor is hard to come by right now. Looks like they have a pretty cool setup. Plus a long range intro class for $300 bucks is hard to beat

Top Bottom